Oil Dip Stick location after alternator mod on B3200

/ Oil Dip Stick location after alternator mod on B3200 #1  

JTPass

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota B3200
I just had the 40A alternator upgrade done on my B3200. It was installed by a local dealer. I went to check my oil yesterday and couldn't reach the oil dip stick from the top. I had to reach under the side cover to get at at and then it was not easy. I recall there was an extended dipstick that came with the alternator install kit. Does anyone have any more information on this? I would like to be "armed" with information before I contact the dealer.

/ Oil Dip Stick location after alternator mod on B3200 #2  
I just had the 40A alternator upgrade done on my B3200. It was installed by a local dealer. I went to check my oil yesterday and couldn't reach the oil dip stick from the top. I had to reach under the side cover to get at at and then it was not easy. I recall there was an extended dipstick that came with the alternator install kit. Does anyone have any more information on this? I would like to be "armed" with information before I contact the dealer.

The original dip stick works fine all that needs to be done is to bend it out of the way of the new alternator. The dealer should still have it.

/ Oil Dip Stick location after alternator mod on B3200 #3  
If anyone has a description and or pictures of how this is done, I would love to be able to check my oil without removing the side engine cover on my B2630!

Thanks,
Rob

/ Oil Dip Stick location after alternator mod on B3200 #4  
Anybody?
-Rob

/ Oil Dip Stick location after alternator mod on B3200 #5  
Rob...
I installed the alternator kit on my B7800 after one winter with my heated cab. (The dynamo just could not keep up with the heater fan and the work lights.)

I didn't like the dinky dipstick that came with the alternator kit (had to remove the side panel to check the engine oil.) A TBN'er advised that you can tweak the bends in the original dipstick tube to fit around the alternator. It's a tight fit in my case beacuse my cab heater hose is also in there, but I was able to make it work. I cable-tied the dipstick tube to the heater hose where it is supported by a bracket I fabricated. See the attached photos.

The dipstick isn't as smooth re-inserting in the tweaked tube, but I find it much better than having to remove the side panel. Hope this helps

Attachments

• Dipstick_2010_1210.jpg
    Dipstick_2010_1210.jpg
    280 KB · Views: 2,021
  • Dipstick_2010_1210(002).JPG
    Dipstick_2010_1210(002).JPG
    534 KB · Views: 823
  • Dipstick_2010_1210(003).JPG
    Dipstick_2010_1210(003).JPG
    564.5 KB · Views: 1,820
   / Oil Dip Stick location after alternator mod on B3200 #6  
I was able to bend the dipstick tube on my B3030 without too much trouble. I didn't want to take off the front grille and the side cover just to check the oil, either.

Attachments

• IMG_1658.jpg
    IMG_1658.jpg
    477.9 KB · Views: 382