Tractor Stalling

/ Tractor Stalling #1  

verne3371

When I first start my BX23 and try to move in reverse it stalls. If I start it and ease it very gently back I can usually start it moving. If I can go forward it is fine and once I start moving the tractor it is fine for the rest of the day. Any ideas???

/ Tractor Stalling #2  
If you have the original seat, I wonder if it is just because you are twisted to look behind you.

I have the same tractor and the original seat was tilted forward and sort of slick. The seat safety switch would go off all the time, I would slip forward enough to release the switch on rough ground, but I can remember particularly when I was backing the hoe into position it would cut the engine. The upgrade seat is much more comfortable and has solved most of my safety switch problems.

/ Tractor Stalling
If you have the original seat, I wonder if it is just because you are twisted to look behind you.

I have the same tractor and the original seat was tilted forward and sort of slick. The seat safety switch would go off all the time, I would slip forward enough to release the switch on rough ground, but I can remember particularly when I was backing the hoe into position it would cut the engine. The upgrade seat is much more comfortable and has solved most of my safety switch problems.

Thank youo I was wondering the same thing.