Power Steering Hydraulic issues after clutch repair

/ Power Steering Hydraulic issues after clutch repair #1  

MichKubota

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota L2850 Hydrostatic/ Deere 5410 w/loader
OK, I posted before and thought this issue was fixed but it is intermittent.

New hydraulic filters were put on about a month ago and all the hydraulics worked correctly.

However; just after a clutch job (hydraulic lines had to be removed for this) tractor has two new symptoms:
1. After starting tractor, power steering takes about 5 seconds to begin working.
2. Sometimes, power steering doesn't work even after 5 seconds. The tractor has to be turned off and restarted.

When it is not working I have removed hydraulic out line from pump and no oil is coming out. So this has me believe it is a hydraulic pump prime issue.

But the hydraulic pump assembly is made up of two separate pumps. One pump is for the 3pt hitch/loader and one for the power steering and GST transmission. Both of these pumps get hydraulic oil from same input supply line.

/ Power Steering Hydraulic issues after clutch repair #2  
Didn't see your other thread but it sounds like you have a suction line leak. Have you tried tightening fittings more? If they are compression style fittings they can be a bear to get to seal after they have been disturbed.

Kim

/ Power Steering Hydraulic issues after clutch repair
Thanks KWentling for your thoughts.

Yes, All the hydraulic lines use compression fittings. I will verify they are all tight. If a line wasn't tight enough wouldn't some leaking of hydraulic fluid be seen?

/ Power Steering Hydraulic issues after clutch repair #4  
Thanks KWentling for your thoughts.

Yes, All the hydraulic lines use compression fittings. I will verify they are all tight. If a line wasn't tight enough wouldn't some leaking of hydraulic fluid be seen?

That's what's tough about finding suction leaks. They are leaking air in, not oil out. And air can leak in where oil won't leak out, unless under pressure.

Kim

KWentling - Thanks. Good thing the input lines to the pump are rather limited and number of connections are few.

I have a sneaky suspicion that this rubber hose into bottom of pump is issue.

If tightening the other joints doesn't help I will order this hose and replace.

Thanks

Attachments

• hydraulic hose.jpg
    hydraulic hose.jpg
    279.8 KB · Views: 813
   / Power Steering Hydraulic issues after clutch repair #7  
Bob if your pump is mounted on top of the filter housing, don't overlook the o ring between the two.

Lee - After checking all connections if nothing is found, the pump will come off for inspections. I will not forget to check that O ring. Thanks