For those of you with snowblowers on your BX

/ For those of you with snowblowers on your BX #1  

amg280

Silver Member
Tractor
2011 Kubota B3000
I just bought a brand new snowblower, front mount with the quick attach, mid pto kit, etc. Ive used it for about 2 hours now. Ive noticed that the inner high speed wheel (the one that spins fast and ejects the snow out of the shoot), has scuffed all the orange paint out of the inner round housing almost. Is this normal? Ive only hit a few rocks with it, and small to say the least. Ive also noticed dings on the shoot that were so intense they broke the paint. They are more like reverse dimples. Ive also noticed one of the tines (first stage) is bent a little already. I dont abuse this thing for the two hours ive used it. I use it on a paved driveway.

I cant help but feel its over priced for the quality you get. It works great dont get me wrong, but I worry about the long term longevity. Anyone have any opinions or first hand experience? It seems my single stage john deere took more of a beeting than this. Oh, and $500+ for an auto rotation kit, Are these people insane?

Andy

Attachments

• blower2.jpg
    blower2.jpg
    330.5 KB · Views: 989
   / For those of you with snowblowers on your BX #2  
Had mine for 6 years now and am more than happy with it. If you want the performance (it really moves the snow out and far), this is what it gives you. There is a lot of fast moving snow/ice that can errode the surfaces. Mine has lost paint over the years but not that much. A few rust scars from the grit/salt that I encounter on the road. Yes, some dings on the chute. I am not worried about these. I assume your single stage JD did not move the snow as aggressively. I remember seeing a lot of rust on used JD blowers at the dealers.

/ For those of you with snowblowers on your BX #3  
The blowers do get a little beat up from normal use. I touch mine up with spray paint every spring before I put it away. The orange can be painted with Chevy Orange engine paint #1620. It's almost an exact match. My blower is 6 years old & looks almost new after I paint it.

/ For those of you with snowblowers on your BX #4  
I have two 2750s on two different BX tractors- one on a BX2200 from around year 2000 and one on a two year old BX2660.

Both blowers have lost most of the paint near the inner impeller- it's a non-event. Don't even bother trying to touch it up.

Get youself some Fluid Film and coat the entire area- I do all the interior surfaces. Snow won't clog and each coating will last half a season, unless you live in western New York!!!

I'm surprised you hit or ingested something that might have bent an external auger but never sheared a bolt. Get youself a supply of those bolts!! You will also need a narrow screwdriver so you can spin the auger until the old bolt can be pushed out and the holes lined up.

I think the quality of the newer 2750 is equal to my older model.

/ For those of you with snowblowers on your BX
Thanks for all the replies. I will try to get some pics of what im talking about tonight. Im going to try to bend back that one tine with a rubber mallet. I am still clueless how that happened. Those are strong little buggers. Good suggestion on the fluid film. I coated my tractor with it last year and no rust! And yes I do live in CNY! Blah!

The impeller wear initially scared me because I felt it would lose its performance the more it wears. I guess it is a non issue. My JD snow thrower did rust out like crazy, but one to one, it wasnt far off than the Kubotas. The kubota can LAUNCH snow well across the street into my neighbors yard like nothing, even from a distance into my driveway. The JD couldnt do it like that but still proved to be a solid machine for the last 7 years, with minimal maintenance.

Lastly, is there any replaceable wear items on this machine? Is the impeller a wear item? Can you get them oversized to account for wear inside the chamber?

p.s. Can I remove the 4 safety hooks that are in the shoot? Sometimes when it gets clogged it easier to stuff a broom handle down there with them gone. They also bend easy and look crappy.

Is there an easy way to adjust the heigh coasters to account from going from a paved driveway to a dirt/stone driveway? Like a quick connect of some sort or a dial bolt like the chute uses?

Does lubing the chain quiet this thing down?

Thanks again...

/ For those of you with snowblowers on your BX #6  
You can get these Snowblower Impeller Kit to reduce the clearance. I looked at mine and it seemed to be within 1/8" of the housing...thought I'd try it like that before I sprang for these. Someone else around here mentioned these in another post and said they really work quite well.

/ For those of you with snowblowers on your BX #7  
You could take the chute protector off. I haven't, because my dad sliced off a thumb many years ago trying to unclug a similar chute.

Lubricating the drive chain will not quiet the unit but must be done regularly. If you forget, the drive chain will become a 'wear item' !!!

As for the skid shoes- no easy fix. Mine barely graze the top of the pavement.
If I really want to see blacktop, I use the front lift to raise the wheels off the ground, which angles the wear bar down to flat on the pavement.

On areas of the lawn, I just raise the whole blower an inch.

/ For those of you with snowblowers on your BX #8  
I just bought a brand new snowblower, front mount with the quick attach, mid pto kit, etc. Ive used it for about 2 hours now. Ive noticed that the inner high speed wheel (the one that spins fast and ejects the snow out of the shoot), has scuffed all the orange paint out of the inner round housing almost. Is this normal? Ive only hit a few rocks with it, and small to say the least. Ive also noticed dings on the shoot that were so intense they broke the paint. They are more like reverse dimples. Ive also noticed one of the tines (first stage) is bent a little already. I dont abuse this thing for the two hours ive used it. I use it on a paved driveway.

I cant help but feel its over priced for the quality you get. It works great dont get me wrong, but I worry about the long term longevity. Anyone have any opinions or first hand experience? It seems my single stage john deere took more of a beeting than this. Oh, and $500+ for an auto rotation kit, Are these people insane?

Andy

amg280 it's too late now, of course, but I did compare your B2750 blower with the rear mount model, and I found the rear mount to be much sturdier, so I bought it.:cool:

You could take the chute protector off. I haven't, because my dad sliced off a thumb many years ago trying to unclug a similar chute.

Lubricating the drive chain will not quiet the unit but must be done regularly. If you forget, the drive chain will become a 'wear item' !!!

As for the skid shoes- no easy fix. Mine barely graze the top of the pavement.
If I really want to see blacktop, I use the front lift to raise the wheels off the ground, which angles the wear bar down to flat on the pavement.

On areas of the lawn, I just raise the whole blower an inch.

Thats a good idea. Ive also played around with the angle, and you can definetely get some blacktop that way! How high is the unit when its in float mode? Im wondwering If I should ajust the skids to accomodate the stone driveway and use the angle feature for the paved part...

Andy

p.s. What do you use to lube the chain?

amg280 it's too late now, of course, but I did compare your B2750 blower with the rear mount model, and I found the rear mount to be much sturdier, so I bought it.:cool:

Ive thought about it but my back and neck would take a beating! Im an old man at 31 ;)