Wheel stuck on hub

/ Wheel stuck on hub #11  
I assumed we were talking about the steel wheel mounting to the hub not the tire bead. For tire bead all I ever use is dish soap.

/ Wheel stuck on hub #12  
Ok a dumb question here but wouldnt putting something like that on a rim have a greater chance in popping the tire off during normal operation. Seems to me it would be better to have the tire mounted on the rim with nothing at all except a good cleaning. I may be wrong JMO i have never used anything when mounting a tubless tire because i dont want my seal to beak. Im not dismissing the stuff just not fimilar with it, and would like to hear more.
Interesting topic.:thumbsup:

I think now that we're getting a little confusion on the post. You now may be confusing someone's advice to sand down and lube the area between the hub and the wheel with sanding/cleaning up/lubing a rim before mounting a tire.
At least that's my read on it.
If the issue is a leaking bead around a tire, bead sealer is made specifically for that problem. Just had a car front tire fixed for that very problem.

/ Wheel stuck on hub #13  
I think now that we're getting a little confusion on the post. You now may be confusing someone's advice to sand down and lube the area between the hub and the wheel with sanding/cleaning up/lubing a rim before mounting a tire.
At least that's my read on it.
If the issue is a leaking bead around a tire, bead sealer is made specifically for that problem. Just had a car front tire fixed for that very problem.

Sorry I misread the original post:ashamed: I thought he was talking about the tire to the rim and after rereading noticed it was the rim to the hub. Sorry if I threw anybody off original topic:D

/ Wheel stuck on hub #14  
Sorry I misread the original post:ashamed: I thought he was talking about the tire to the rim and after rereading noticed it was the rim to the hub. Sorry if I threw anybody off original topic:D

All good. At least we got two issues answered this way! :thumbsup:

/ Wheel stuck on hub #15  
You do realize that the link provided goes to a media production company, not a lubrication/protection product don't you?
I think that you meant to look here: Fluid Film? | Corrosion Preventative, Lubricant and Rust Inhibitor

Yes thank you I fixed, it sorry about that fumble.

About the lovely tire to the rim issues:

I can highly recommend the Freylube brand of tire and rim lube offered by the Frey the wheel man folks.

The 10 pound tub is good for mounting tubeless and tube type tires and eliminates tubes and liners being pinched in the tire as the rim and inner tube have a coating of the Frey Lube rubbed on them and allows the tube to be fully inflated to stretch it and then the tire and tube tube are inflated with the valve core installed.

The Freylube is also very good for the wheel studs and nuts to eliminate any chance of rust occuring on the hub face and wheel face as well as it blocks any possible entry of water or moisture.

The frey lube also prevents the tire rusting to the wheel rims which makes one life so much easier when dismounting tires.

I unfortunately had to dismount and remount several herds of split rim tube type tires that a former co-worker mounted using Neversieze brand aluminum metal lube compound.

The use of neversieze on rubber tires swells the rubber to the rim and its not pretty you have to dissolve DL handlcleaner and let it leak into and under the locking rings and soak for several days before you can even think about breaking the beads on the split rim tires.

Last edited:
   / Wheel stuck on hub #16  
About Never-Seez (that's how my can is spelled):

It's one of those things you buy once and never have to buy again. A little goes a long way. I use it on the choke threads on my shotguns, any bolt or nut that gets hot, like exhaust fittings, anything that sits out in the weather that might rust weld itself together, like the bolts on my concrete mixer, and anything that I spend two days swearing at and squirting with Kroil to try to get apart. Over the years, it will just start to make your life easier. You will bleed less from busted knuckles. Buy some.