Rear Install Work Light

/ Rear Install Work Light #1  

reed52

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota BX2400
On a BX24 is there any wiring set up for a work or rear light ready to go from the factory? I can cut into wires and get one hooked up but was trying to make it easier...

Thanks,
Reed

/ Rear Install Work Light #2  
reed52 said:
On a BX24 is there any wiring set up for a work or rear light ready to go from the factory? I can cut into wires and get one hooked up but was trying to make it easier...

Thanks,
Reed

I ran a new wire from the battery with a fuse to a switch and then back to the ROPS really the best way IMO

/ Rear Install Work Light #3  
Work light attachment on a MX 5000. Factory installed, pretty simple.

Attachments

• DSC02962.jpg
    DSC02962.jpg
    508.1 KB · Views: 299
  • DSC02959.jpg
    DSC02959.jpg
    353.4 KB · Views: 373
   / Rear Install Work Light #4  
Should be taped up right under or near the top link bracket. Look for a bulge of black elecrical tape.

/ Rear Install Work Light #5  
yeah-- your BX24 already has wires for light. I didnt use em since I needed more wattage. I used the wirs for the sprayer instead. The wires is taped up in back of BX hidden in wire loom.

I included the pics of wire location I posted many times....

Attachments

• BX24 exposed wire connections.jpg
    BX24 exposed wire connections.jpg
    554 KB · Views: 473
  • light harness location.JPG
    light harness location.JPG
    833.3 KB · Views: 296
   / Rear Install Work Light
Thanks for the help, the wires are there, will make a lot easier to hook up!

reed52

/ Rear Install Work Light #7  
I didn't use mine, but just to be curious, are these wired in as constantly hot? Or do you have to flip your headlights switch?

/ Rear Install Work Light #8  
I didn't use mine, but just to be curious, are these wired in as constantly hot? Or do you have to flip your headlights switch?

Mine is hot whenever the key is on. You will need a switch or switch and relay if you use it for work lights.

/ Rear Install Work Light #9  
I don't think that I'd want ROPS mounted lights to activate with normal headlights - as there are many times where the std lights bounce off of the loader. Separate switch would be much better.
Mike

/ Rear Install Work Light #10  
Mine is hot whenever the key is on. You will need a switch or switch and relay if you use it for work lights.

Does Kubota have a switch on their utility light? I couldn't imagine always running it...

Since I don't have an FEL, I tapped in through the tail light for my rear-facing utility lights, so I have to consciously turn on my headlights, and then pull the switch for the lights. I don't need to be running down the road, blinding some poor motorist...

I don't think that I'd want ROPS mounted lights to activate with normal headlights - as there are many times where the std lights bounce off of the loader. Separate switch would be much better.
Mike

Right. Especially if any of them are rear-facing!