1st Winter Storm in Va...

/ 1st Winter Storm in Va... #1  

snpower

Gold Member
Tractor
John Deere GT235, GT 275, 1025R
...and I plowed a bunch of driveways with my new BX2360 and a 4' TW rear blade. Never done anything like this before. It seemed to work pretty well if I pulled the snow forward, then reversed the blade and pushed the piles out the way as a cleanup.

What a machine!

PS I need some snow chains ASAP.
PPS I hesitated to label this weather event a 'storm' :)

Attachments

• IMG_0227.jpg
    IMG_0227.jpg
    738.7 KB · Views: 312
   / 1st Winter Storm in Va... #2  
I don't think you get a long enough duration of snow to justify chains.. That might be it for the rest of the winter in your location. Buy another implement with the money instead of the chains. :)

/ 1st Winter Storm in Va... #3  
I'm with JohnK
you have marginal use for tire chains...
Turf tires are the best design for snow, ...
Try adding more weight to your blade or anywhere on the rear of the tractor... You should be able to get along great without chains even in deep snow... Now ice, thats where chains work best...

Just add weight. KennyV

/ 1st Winter Storm in Va... #4  
Are your tires loaded?

/ 1st Winter Storm in Va... #5  
The way old man winter been sneaky around last year or so set of chains maybe be worth there weight in gold if the big one should hit...chain can come in handy during mud season also. ;)

/ 1st Winter Storm in Va... #8  
I bought some chains because I have a steep paved driveway to navigate. Took awhile to get the chains installed in the driveway while the snow was falling. I'm running a 6 foot blade on my little Bx.

/ 1st Winter Storm in Va... #9  
...and I plowed a bunch of driveways with my new BX2360 and a 4' TW rear blade. Never done anything like this before. It seemed to work pretty well if I pulled the snow forward, then reversed the blade and pushed the piles out the way as a cleanup.

What a machine!

*PS I need some snow chains ASAP.
*I don't have chains on this BX1500
or this BX23.
Tires aren't filled either.
There is no traction problem with either tractor.
I sure don't need chains.

Last edited:
   / 1st Winter Storm in Va... #10  
I have found that turfs work extrremely good in snow. Try pushing all your snow instead of pulling and see if that makes a difference. I know, it is a pain, but I did it for many years before I got my front blade. Philip.

Attachments

• DSCN3258.jpg
    DSCN3258.jpg
    884.6 KB · Views: 125