How are Kubota factory work lights wired?

/ How are Kubota factory work lights wired? #1  

Johnbro

Gold Member
Tractor
2010 Kubota L4240
I've got some HF halogen work lights for the tractor and plan to use the leads provided by the factory. But I don't want them on without a separate switch. Can anyone who's bought the factory lighting kit tell me how they are wired using the pigtails? Do they have a relay (or 3 relays) and switch (or 3 switches)? I just can't understand the sense in 3 wire pairs that are always hot for lights--in a low battery situation, I don't want the drain of lights while trying to start a diesel:confused:

/ How are Kubota factory work lights wired?
Bump for the morning crowd--hey guys, I really need to get this done. Just want to know how the factory does it.

Anybody?

/ How are Kubota factory work lights wired? #3  
The factory work lights that I have seen all had the switch built into the light housing and did not have any kind of relay built in. These were no super bright Halogen lights either. The work light circuit is only 10 amps if I remember correctly.

Brian

/ How are Kubota factory work lights wired? #4  
On my B21 there were wires above the rear axle on both sides for the work lights. Both sets of wires were hot all the time which makes sense with the switches Brian referred to on the factory lights. I installed work lights on the front and back of the ROPS. I ran a pair of wires up the right rear ROPS post and installed a box with two switches about half way up to control the front and rear lights. I used the work light wires on the other side to install a cigarette lighter charging port.

The factory accessory parts diagram included a drawing of the factory work lights. They were wired in a similar manner. You can get a free copy of the diagram for your tractor from Messicks.

/ How are Kubota factory work lights wired? #5  
the light kit just comes with a switch. i bought the sunshade kit, but after seeing the quality of lights i made my own kit for back work lights.

/ How are Kubota factory work lights wired?
Thanks! That explains it. Appreciate the info.