auger for the bx-25

/ auger for the bx-25 #2  
It depends on how many posts you are going to put in and what type of soil you have.
If it is just a few posts, say 20, you could save some money and buy a Leinbach, for about 500.
It it is a lot and the soil you have is rocky or lots of clay, get a better model.
I have the Leinbach and it has worked resonably well for me. It requires frequent sharpening and the shear bolts seem to break a lot, but I did put in about 150 4x6 posts with it without too much hassle.
Consider renting if it is going to be a one time project.

/ auger for the bx-25 #3  
Tach,

Do a search for "post hole digger and rocks". A few weeks a go I did a lot of research into this subject area.

I am looking to try this set up in the spring.

~Kevin

PS: Sorry no link post made from Android phone.

/ auger for the bx-25 #4  
Tach,

Post Hole Digger and Rocks

I recommend watching this Everything Attachments Video. It does a very good job at explaining the operations of PTO Post Hole Diggers.

Probably the most important part of this video when the ETA salesman decribes the PHD requirements for SCUTs. Make sure you get a PHD that will not drag on the dirt while driving to/from the site.

~Kevin

Last edited:
   / auger for the bx-25 #5  
keep in mind that you may prefer to get a jr model of a post hole digger to make it easier to travel over land without auger dragging. There been some comments saying a full size model drags on ground a little. One person reported no issues with full size on BX.

just take this info with a little bit of salt.:thumbsup:

/ auger for the bx-25 #6  
Here are some pictures of the Leinbach 7200JR that radioman referred to. Great fit for the BX series. Dug many holes with few issues using both a 9" and 12" auger.

Attachments

• 110908_10212.jpg
    110908_10212.jpg
    269.1 KB · Views: 1,449
  • 112908_16481.jpg
    112908_16481.jpg
    244.6 KB · Views: 1,443
   / auger for the bx-25
This last one is the one I'll probably get - the Junior.

later