M59

/ M59 #1  

RobertN

Tractor
New Holland TC40D
Checked out a M59 yesterday. The nursery where my wife works just got it. That, is a beefy looking tractor. What caught my eye first was the tach sitting on the right fender. Presto, must be made for a backhoe. Looked at the back; the 'hoe frame must be 1-1/2" plate steel! Everything on the tractor was beefy.

The pedal layout was the same as other Kubota's I owned or have seen. Was not sure if that would change in the bigger tractors or not.

I didn't get to drive it. It has been pouring rain out here.

Not sure why the farmer or the nursery picked this tractor. It is a harvest return, which means some farmer was towing trailers with it in the Sacramento/San Joaquin valley. When they lease them, there is no loader installed, and no 3pt. The nursery has not put the 3pt on yet. The nursery will use it primarily with loader, for loading customers vehicles with potting soil, amendments, bark ect. They already swapped out the loader bucket for a measured 1yard bucket.

The use a L3410hst for the same purpose. They also have a large articulated Kubota loader with hydraulic quick attach skidsteer bucket, pallet forks. This tractor will probably get a quick attach added too.

Funny, when I sold my little B8200, I wanted an L3410 just like the one at the nursery. None on the local used market, so I got the NH TC40.

That M59 is a nice looking tractor, from a heavy duty standpoint. Just interesting to get one, downsize the bucket, and no backhoe.