Oil & Fuel Hydraulic oil for BX1860 HST

/ Hydraulic oil for BX1860 HST #1  

Kevinc2004

Silver Member
Tractor
2015 B2601
I am new to the modern day sub compact tractors, So please forgive this stupid question. i have seen a few posts about the problems of not using the proper oil in the hydraulic system. I recently purchased a new BX1860HST and I went by my selling dealer going to get a gallon to have on hand.. The parts counter body gave me a blank stare when I ask for Kubota Super UDT oil. Went to one of the service guys, who said "we just use the 134 oil like the New Holland tractors" I am concerned about mixxing non compatible oil in a new machine, and I am asking the guidance of what would be best to use on my new TOY! The oil on the shelf was not even NEW Holland, but some off brand oil that they were selling for 39.95 for a 2 gallon JUG!

I saw oil in Tractor Supply store that was labeled to be compatable with Kubota Super UDT, and I also saw the Mystik JT-5 oil on the shelf. Their brand was 39.95 for a 5 gallon bucket, and the Mystik JT-5 was 20.00 for a 2 gallon Jug. What are the real life experiences with these machines. Thank You. Kevin

/ Hydraulic oil for BX1860 HST #2  
you better off in using sudt. its quieter then anything else. I havent used the 3rd party stuff in my BX yet even though its should be compatible. Since its new and under warranty, its better to spend couple extra bucks for KUBOTA sudt so there would be no warranty dispute if any arise in future.

kubota stuff is cheap insurance dont you agree?

/ Hydraulic oil for BX1860 HST
you better off in using sudt. its quieter then anything else. I havent used the 3rd party stuff in my BX yet even though its should be compatible. Since its new and under warranty, its better to spend couple extra bucks for KUBOTA sudt so there would be no warranty dispute if any arise in future.

kubota stuff is cheap insurance dont you agree?

The dealer that I was at does NOT have the Kubota SUDT. Where can I get it? I agree with you.

/ Hydraulic oil for BX1860 HST #4  
I would wait until you got by a Kubota dealership "down the road", say 20 miles, over the next month or two. I'm sure you get around, like the rest of us, shopping, working, visiting, or traveling.

This is my "real world experience". Use Sudt in your 1860. Mine hated anything beside sudt. If I absolutely could not get Sudt, then I would get the super low viscosity Deere fluid.

Since your machine is new, you won't really need anything until the 50 hour service. Frankly, you only lose a quart changing the filter and perhaps another quart cleaning the screen at the bottom left of the HST.

/ Hydraulic oil for BX1860 HST #5  
There are SO many ignorant/dishonest Kubota Dealer staff out there
that it really annoys the H*** out of me that buyers who part with
alot of money at these Dealerships are treated with such contempt.
I use the JD low , but would be a SUDT Guy , if Oz ever imported it.
I'm sick of retail margins being all that interests retailers.

/ Hydraulic oil for BX1860 HST #6  
I run into the same thing around here so I ordered some of my stuff from Messicks.com. Here is their link and they will deliver to your door.

/ Hydraulic oil for BX1860 HST
Thanks for the link to Messiks, I will order my filters and spare oil at the same time.

/ Hydraulic oil for BX1860 HST #8  
I'm no expert but I only use SUDT. Be sure and check the fluid in your front axle, little lid on top. When these tractors a ran a bit the fluid settles in and is usually low, maybe up to a quart and I use SUDT for the fill up. Some people change this fluid out later for gear oil.
Most Kubotas are filled with SUDT at factory and dealers top off or should before delivery so you probably have SUDT in your tractor. Highlighted for those rare exceptions or some people say there are exceptions.:)

/ Hydraulic oil for BX1860 HST #9  
If you're in Canada you won't find SUDT at all, it's not available here. We have Premium UDT only.

Messicks is probably a good choice, but having it available locally is a better option. What happens if you have to take your tractor in for repairs, do they use the generic oil? They certainly will. If you ever want to resolve the problem, Kubota needs to be aware that their dealer is using non-Kubota fluids for services, and THAT is going to be an ugly situation as far as having a good relationship with that dealer is concerned.

The other side of the coin is the probability that the "134" fluid won't do any harm, but that means taking the chance.

I'd be asking the dealer to get me the proper fluid. If they're the least bit resistant to doing that (you ARE paying for it, after all) it's time to look for another dealer near you. My 2 cents, and probably worth just that.

Sean

/ Hydraulic oil for BX1860 HST #10  
I run into the same thing around here so I ordered some of my stuff from Messicks.com. Here is their link and they will deliver to your door.

The dealer that I was at does NOT have the Kubota SUDT. Where can I get it? I agree with you.

dex3361 already answered thee question for you. messicks is one of the online kubota dealers. Have you checked for other dealers in your area? I find that quite often I get better service from another dealer.

On the other hand, if the dealer you bought the kubota from doesn't have SUDT, perhaps an email sent to kubota corp will rectify it. Its my understanding that dealers are supposed to provide parts and service by ordering including SUDT as part of contract to be a dealer.
Did you ask them to order SUDT ? what was their response? something seems amiss here.