Anyone on here went from a JD X700 series to a BX and regretted it?

/ Anyone on here went from a JD X700 series to a BX and regretted it? #1  

Grateful11

Veteran Member
My wife says she may sell the X720 and get a BX 1860 or 2360. She's really not too happy with the JD, been in the shop once already and drinks gas like no tomorrow. I tried my best to get her to get the X740 diesel but she wouldn't hear to it. She likes the way the X720 rides and mows but it just doesn't give her that twinkle in her eye when she uses it. She's hoping for something built a little stronger, diesel, and few other things. She hasn't even driven a BX yet, she did drive a GR2010 gasser, all he had, no diesel, and she didn't really like it that much, no fender grab handles, seemed a bit narrow in the track width, felt a bit light weight, it turned nearly on a dime but it seemed to be lacking something. The dealer wouldn't even suggest pulling a loaded utility trailer with it, he said it's definitely not a GT, mainly just a really great riding mower with some nice handling features.

/ Anyone on here went from a JD X700 series to a BX and regretted it? #2  
I looked at and priced the X700 series and the 2305. I just could not stomach the total price by the time I equipped it to do anything. I purchased a BX1860V with a LA203 Front end loader, 48 in Fine Cut Mid Mount mower, 12 Disc Harrow, and a 4 ft box Scrape in one package for just over 15K including the Insuurance and taxes! I could not walk away from that offer. I have run it around the yard to mulch up leaves with the Belly Mower and I removed the mower today for the winter. I could not believe how easy the mower disconnected. That made me that much happier to decide to go Orange now.. ( Grew up on a dairy using all GREEN equipment)!

/ Anyone on here went from a JD X700 series to a BX and regretted it? #3  
I wanted the Kubota for years, but ended up with the Massey(it fit better).

But you would be happy with the 2360, just be sure to get the front end loader............you'll thank us later:)

/ Anyone on here went from a JD X700 series to a BX and regretted it?
She doesn't really need another FEL, has one on the L3940 and the IH 574, it would be nice I'm sure.

This farm was a Dairy until 2003 with all Red tractors until she bought the Kubota this past spring.

/ Anyone on here went from a JD X700 series to a BX and regretted it? #5  
You definitely won't regret going with the bx diesel, it will save on the fuel bill.
Take her out and test drive one, see how she likes it. That's the best way.

/ Anyone on here went from a JD X700 series to a BX and regretted it? #6  
I agree- take one for a spin. usually its all it will take. The BX literally take little sips of fuel.

/ Anyone on here went from a JD X700 series to a BX and regretted it? #7  
Had an X485 (basically same as the X720) with a 45 loader and 48" deck before I bought my BX1860. Yes, it used a lot more fuel than the BX. The seat was more comfortable and I really enjoyed the ride on the X, but I soon realized the cost to add the 3PH, rear PTO, and the fact I didn't have 4wd, caused me to think things through again. I ended up selling it for financial reasons, then bought the BX once things improved. I knew the second time around I wanted diesel, 4wd, a 3PH and rear PTO. The X7xx's like that priced out much higher than the BX since you have to option up for the 3PH and rear PTO, plus the loader was about a grand more for the X vs BX. I also realized it's hard to trim with a deck that's only an inch or two wider than the tractor's track, so I got the 54 with my BX1860.

I would say she'd like everything about the BX except maybe the seat comfort. It's not bad on the BX, but not as comfy as the JDx, unless you get the BX2660 with the deluxe seat.