Identifying My Tractor

/ Identifying My Tractor #1  

kcoburn

Bronze Member
Tractor
5240HSTC and B7610
I bought a "new" L5240 HSTC , loader, and front snowblower in May. The paint on the hood is slightly faded. I think it sat outside for quite awhile. I don't mind, but would like to determine which "series" it is. From reading various posts here, the earlier ones wouldn't handle a backhoe. Is there a reference chart available that would allow me to identify it's age and series using the serial number?

/ Identifying My Tractor #2  
I bought a "new" L5240 HSTC , loader, and front snowblower in May. The paint on the hood is slightly faded. I think it sat outside for quite awhile. I don't mind, but would like to determine which "series" it is. From reading various posts here, the earlier ones wouldn't handle a backhoe. Is there a reference chart available that would allow me to identify it's age and series using the serial number?

I can't tell you if there is a serial # break down available or not. Possibly your dealer could tell you. You can tell if yours is a version 3 or not though. If the head liner is cloth instead of vinyl and if the seat swivels, then it is a version 3. If not, then it is either a version 1 or 2.

/ Identifying My Tractor #3  
I'm not sure if the cab models are the same as the open station models but there were very few -2 models made. The -3 models have a knob for the rear PTO where the older models have a lever. The -3 also has a seat that rotates about 15 degrees.

/ Identifying My Tractor
Thanks for your help. Mine is obviously not a "series 3" since the seat doesn't swivel. Haven't paid any attention to the headliner material, but think it's vinyl. Think I'll email Kubota with the serial # and see if they'll give the mfr date and series.