Snow removal is great BX25 FEL practice

/ Snow removal is great BX25 FEL practice #1  

baryon

Tractor
BX25
We got just over a foot of snow here in South Jersey. I was all set to attack it with my Craftsman snow blower but the darn thing wouldn't start (clogged fuel line, I suspect). No matter. My BX25 was sitting in the garage chomping at the bit to get at the snow (or maybe I was). My gravel driveway may not be very long but it's plenty wide to turn my Jeep Liberty around with an easy 3 point turn. So there's quite a bit of driveway to clean. The best part is the practice I got with the FEL. I would drop the bucket and level it off by feel (rather than stretching over the side to look where it is and check that I've got it right). If I was too low I'd hear the bucket picking up the stones. If I was too high I could see it in the deep tracks in the snow the BX25 left behind. I was happier than a pig in something only a pig could be happy in. I love this little tractor.

/ Snow removal is great BX25 FEL practice #2  
Good for you, Dan, and do keep up the BX25 chatter. I have one as well and I use any excuse to get on it. If you are going to move snow with it, I would strongly recommend the bxpanded.com bucket expander from Harry. I got one, and it doubles the heaped capacity of the FEL, and this tough little tractor can more than handle the increased load.:thumbsup:

/ Snow removal is great BX25 FEL practice #3  
:thumbsup:

/ Snow removal is great BX25 FEL practice
You're right Check. I think the bucket expander is the way to go for me. Great video, Kyle. You looked like you were having almost as much fun as I had.

/ Snow removal is great BX25 FEL practice
Hey check, I ordered my bucket expander from BXpanded yesterday. I'm looking forward to using it after the next snowfall. And it will make moving mulch in the spring so much quicker, I'm sure.

/ Snow removal is great BX25 FEL practice #9  
Hey check, I ordered my bucket expander from BXpanded yesterday. I'm looking forward to using it after the next snowfall. And it will make moving mulch in the spring so much quicker, I'm sure.

Good move, Dan. And you will be amazed at how much heavy material the FEL can still carry with the bucket expander. I could almost fill it to the brim with A gravel, which made my spreading time on the driveway much faster.

/ Snow removal is great BX25 FEL practice #10  
We need pictures ;-)