BX25 home made tailer hitch

/ BX25 home made tailer hitch #1  

Tachdriver

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota bx25
I started my next projects today, a FEL boom pole and a trailer hitch. I worked parallel paths on these jobs and made some good progress. I was able to finish the trailer hitch first.

If you look at the rear hitch area on a BX25 you will see a 3/4" hole for a ball or other and under that is a 2-1/4" wide space when the two frame parts come together. It is this space that makes this hitch unique ( at least to me ). The adapter that I made slides back into this 2-1/4" wide space and "locks" the adapter in place, preventing it from twisting to the sides. Then the 3/4" SS bolts go thru and secures the whole piece.

I made this to hold a trailer hitch ball or a clevis pin. It's made with 3/4" thick steel and some 1/4". Painted orange Kubota.

DSC06226.jpg

DSC06225.jpg

DSC06224.jpg

later

/ BX25 home made tailer hitch #3  
I know I will want to follow any threads where there are socks in the images!

You do nice work Tach. Really appreciated the light set up you made for your ROPS. Even down to the padding to prevent the bracket from scratching the ROPS.

I want to learn how to weld because of you and that's probably not a good thing. 1.) I'm out of money and 2.) I'm not allowed to have any more hobbies!

You should offer your stuff on Ebay - you'd make a killing.

/ BX25 home made tailer hitch #5  
looks useful. Hey there the sock again

/ BX25 home made tailer hitch
Thanks for the comments, I'll put the hitch on tomorrow and take a final set of pics.

Also I'll get back on the boom project :thumbsup:

Working in the winter sucks, cannot wait until Spring:)

later

/ BX25 home made tailer hitch
It's 1620 Chevy Orange primered and painted in 34f weather. Dries slow and hard with a heavy coat. Match is darn near perfect.

Later

/ BX25 home made tailer hitch #10  
The socks are back, the socks are back. I guess winter is a problem causing cold feet. Maybe need to double up on the socks in cold weather.:)
Great job!!! I to believe you can prosper on Ebay.:thumbsup: