box scraper, what size

/ box scraper, what size #11  
I just bought a 7' box blade as he didnt have an 8'. I traded in my 4' bush hog brand blade. Man they are more expensive than I remember.

What brand did you get and how much does it weigh? If you are doing much grading, are you getting top and tilt hydraulics for your 3pt?

/ box scraper, what size
I got a bush hog brand. I believe it is an sbx 84. It weighs 650 lbs and has six shanks. They took my old four footer in on trade. Paid me 100 bucks less than I paid for it five years ago. I do have a top n tilt already.

/ box scraper, what size #13  
I got a bush hog brand. I believe it is an sbx 84. It weighs 650 lbs and has six shanks. They took my old four footer in on trade. Paid me 100 bucks less than I paid for it five years ago. I do have a top n tilt already.

Sounds like your all set then. :thumbsup:

/ box scraper, what size #14  
Hmmm; don't remember seeing any pictures...you know what they say...

/ box scraper, what size #15  
B 2320 size box scraper? Can it handle a 60" or stay with the 48" ? Don't expect heavy use just driveway and landscape work.

/ box scraper, what size
Hmmm; don't remember seeing any pictures...you know what they say...

I need to post some pics of the new tractor. Havent gotten to that yet. Made some tire chains for the front and need to upgrade the rear set. I need to split some wood tonite so I will get some one of these days that I have time.

/ box scraper, what size #17  
B 2320 size box scraper? Can it handle a 60" or stay with the 48" ? Don't expect heavy use just driveway and landscape work.

Here is why it is hard to answer you. I believe Kubota recommends a 54" as max. That size isn't too common, so a lot of guys just move up to 60".

But, since everyone's soil is different and most every job is different, it is so hard to say whether that 60" will end up working OK, or be a source of frustration. That is a tough one.

Last edited:
   / box scraper, what size
I had a tractor that same size originally and that is why I had the 48" box blade. I would not go bigger than that. I had the 48" blade and that would work the tractor pretty good. I was using that for smoothing the driveway and a little bit a dirt work. I wish I wouldnt have purchased it after I had it. Tractor did not have enough weight for what I wanted it to do, and I wasnt asking for much. 48" is a big as you want to go.

/ box scraper, what size #19  
I had a tractor that same size originally and that is why I had the 48" box blade. I would not go bigger than that. I had the 48" blade and that would work the tractor pretty good. I was using that for smoothing the driveway and a little bit a dirt work. I wish I wouldnt have purchased it after I had it. Tractor did not have enough weight for what I wanted it to do, and I wasnt asking for much. 48" is a big as you want to go.

Hey Alaska, thanks. That's very good information and supports my inner "voice" that tells me the same thing. I've yet to buy a box blade for my B2320, but my instincts, based on using all my other implements, tells me you are right. I think I'd spend the extra $50 on quality, not quantity.

There are variable here though, again. Dirt? gravel? sand? clay?
Also, tires filled? R1 versus R4? A lot of variables.