box scraper, what size

/ box scraper, what size #1  

alaskakubota

Silver Member
I know I have a lot of questions because of the new tractor, but I had a 4' box scraper on the bx 18. Now I have the 5740 and I am curious to what size people are using. 7 or 8'. Which one are people using? Tractor will have loader and rear tires filled. R-4's

/ box scraper, what size #2  
I know I have a lot of questions because of the new tractor, but I had a 4' box scraper on the bx 18. Now I have the 5740 and I am curious to what size people are using. 7 or 8'. Which one are people using? Tractor will have loader and rear tires filled. R-4's

7 ft if you don't want much overhang. 8 ft, if you don't have to worry about getting through tight places. Ken Sweet

/ box scraper, what size #3  
id say you can pull a 6ft or 7ft box blade with ease.is the 5740 2wd or 4x4.

/ box scraper, what size
will the tractor have enough weight to pull a 8' blade? It is a 4x4.

/ box scraper, what size #5  
youll have enough weight with the loader on an 4x4 engaged.

/ box scraper, what size #6  
I use a 7 foot Land Pride on my L5030 and it works really well. Mine is a medium duty and I wish I had gotten a heavier one as I am adding weight to it. The 7 foot sticks out past the tires and I have nicked a coupe of trees, I would be hesitant to go with an 8 foot model myself. I am sure your tractor would pull one though.

/ box scraper, what size #7  
Is there much advantage to getting an 8' over a 7'? I know my driveway is wider than 8' so you couldn't just go down the middle and if you want a crown on your road would the help or hurt?

/ box scraper, what size #8  
I pull a 6' with a L3830. Works great. I like the implements the width of the tractor. Makes for easy road building, etc.

8' is a big blade! It may be too big for many projects. If you are grading tennis courts, etc... a big blade of course would be ideal.

/ box scraper, what size #9  
Is there much advantage to getting an 8' over a 7'? I know my driveway is wider than 8' so you couldn't just go down the middle and if you want a crown on your road would the help or hurt?

The only advantage for me at least would be in moving more material. I use my 7' or 10' pull behind on roads.

/ box scraper, what size
I just bought a 7' box blade as he didnt have an 8'. I traded in my 4' bush hog brand blade. Man they are more expensive than I remember.