Interesting screwup

/ Interesting screwup #1  

Haywire

Veteran Member
Tractor
Tractorless :(
I don't know if it was actually a screwup or if Kubota is reusing printer paper. I got that brush guard for the 2660 for Christmas and last night I was perusing the one page instruction sheet.

On the back was an internal kubota email from a quality control supervisor complaining about the LA213 and LA243 build.

"Gentlemen, on the LA243 and LA213 Boom there should be four 26mm spaces under the boom arms. These gaps are not being left. I was told that **** advised production to completely weld the underside of the arms. This doesn't reflect the print requirements and an ECN (engineering change notification) needs to be submitted or the gaps need to be left open. I'll need a reply so I can close this issue in the LA213 problems log. Please discuss this issue and let me know which path is chosen."

The QA's complete address and phone number is at the bottom of the email.

Ian

Last edited:
   / Interesting screwup #2  
email and ask if he closed the issue!!!

/ Interesting screwup
There's no email addy, just snail mail and phone.. LOL

BTW, couldn't mount the brush guard. Bolts were course thread and the nuts were fine thread. QA missed an issue. :)

Ian

/ Interesting screwup #5  
There's no email addy, just snail mail and phone.. LOL

BTW, couldn't mount the brush guard. Bolts were course thread and the nuts were fine thread. QA missed an issue. :)

Ian

That is the locking feature so they don't vibrate off!!:confused2:

Deano

/ Interesting screwup
They even called out a torque of about 66 ft/lbs. It was that just getting the nut started. :)

/ Interesting screwup #7  
:laughing::laughing::laughing:

/ Interesting screwup #8  
I wouldn't give them too hard of a time - The real problems come when a company has issues and doesn't have someone addressing them - Every company screws up - Only the good ones fix them.

Nonetheless - It is hilarious they sent it to you.

/ Interesting screwup #9  
I wouldn't give them too hard of a time - The real problems come when a company has issues and doesn't have someone addressing them - Every company screws up - Only the good ones fix them.

Nonetheless - It is hilarious they sent it to you.
However anyone with that equipment should be put on notice.

A while back there were problems with one of the cylinders on one of their backhoes for the CUT. Several posters wrote of bent rods and difficulty getting them replaced. Kubota EVENTUALLY built it with a bigger rod. So yes they fixed the problem - but only after a bunch of peeps had problems.

I seem to remember something about "HST fan" and "50 sudden stop in reverse" problems, are they fixed?

If the OP actually has that paper scanned in and sent around something might happen more quickly if the problems mentioned still exist. And save some TBN members some grief.

For all we know it was an intentional leak by an employee disgruntled by the faulty manufacturing. Or it could be an old issue fixed.

Kubota seems proud of the loader - from a June 2009 press release:
Both the B1620 and B1820 models have the option of fitting the new Kubota LA213 front loader (not available for B1220). Designed and manufactured by Kubota specifically for these models, the LA213 features heavy duty sub frame mounting, single lever joystick operation, curved boom design for maximum visibility and includes the quick attach and detach system that requires no tools and allows loader removal in seconds. With a max lift capacity of 302kg and max lift height of 1921mm, the LA213 is perfectly matched to ensure that you get the most from the new B20 tractors.

Kubota machines have a legendary reputation for quality, performance, reliability and outstanding value-for-money, and a national network of Kubota tractor and groundcare dealers provides the highest standards of advice and aftersales service.
Kubota introduces new B20 series compact tractors - Hub-4

/ Interesting screwup #10  
I don't know if it was actually a screwup or if Kubota is reusing printer paper.

I got a package from a company with wadded up, used printer paper as the packing material, it was pages and pages of customer's credit card numbers. All the online security and then the stone age technology gives away the company jewels.

It's nice Kubota at least has a QA department. Some places laid them all off.