Kubota's HST fan protection

/ Kubota's HST fan protection #1  

beckmurph

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota LX2610 TLB
I have discovered that Kubota's $39, plus tax and shipping, HST fan protection does not work.:confused3:
Thought I would start the New Year out right and change oil and filters on the BX25. Changed the engine oil and filter, then changed the HST filter. I had loosened up one side of the "skid plate", dropped it down a little and R&R the filter. Just out of curiosity after replacing the skid plate, I just reached over the plate to check the fan blades. OOOps, there were no little plastic fan blades.
Hummmm, wonder how long its been that way?:ashamed:
I'll have to call the dealer on Monday.
Oh well, Happy New Year:D

/ Kubota's HST fan protection #2  
Hope you bought the Kubota insurance but hate this happened to your BX.:(.

/ Kubota's HST fan protection
I did buy the ins, but it is frustrating that Kubota didn't do a better job of fixing this problem.

/ Kubota's HST fan protection #4  
The bad news is that the fan design, common to most subcuts, not just BX, is very vulnerable. The "protection" provided for by the stock shield is marginal, but is what it is.

The good news is that since you bought Kubota Insurance, you'll only pay the deductible, which is far less than the complete cost.

I do agree. It is time for Kub, MF, and JD to lose this design. People simply use these subcuts as tractors, not merely as diesel powered lawn mowers. People shouldn't have to armor plate the undersides of these machines. Good it is available form BroTech, but much better if not need at all.

/ Kubota's HST fan protection #5  
The bad news is that the fan design, common to most subcuts, not just BX, is very vulnerable. The "protection" provided for by the stock shield is marginal, but is what it is.

The good news is that since you bought Kubota Insurance, you'll only pay the deductible, which is far less than the complete cost.

I do agree. It is time for Kub, MF, and JD to lose this design. People simply use these subcuts as tractors, not merely as diesel powered lawn mowers. People shouldn't have to armor plate the undersides of these machines. Good it is available form BroTech, but much better if not need at all.
I agree 1,000 %. They are marketed as farm tractors, labeled as farm tractors, and insured as farm tractors...............Time for the manufactures to treat them as a 'farm tractor'.

Although I have called my Massey a ............Glorified lawn mower.........

Last edited:
   / Kubota's HST fan protection #7  
I think John Deere is addressing this in their 2305 replacement and if they do, others will almost have to follow.

/ Kubota's HST fan protection #8  
I think John Deere is addressing this in their 2305 replacement and if they do, others will almost have to follow.

My 355D had a fan on the trans but I can't find one on my X748. It does have an oil cooler mounted by the radiator. I'm surprised the 2305 has a fan.

/ Kubota's HST fan protection #9  
My 355D had a fan on the trans but I can't find one on my X748. It does have an oil cooler mounted by the radiator. I'm surprised the 2305 has a fan.

There are some guys on the JD forum who have put Bro-Tek on their 2305, we don't usually take the deck off of ours only using it for mowing.

/ Kubota's HST fan protection #10  
I have discovered that Kubota's $39, plus tax and shipping, HST fan protection does not work.:confused3:
Thought I would start the New Year out right and change oil and filters on the BX25. Changed the engine oil and filter, then changed the HST filter. I had loosened up one side of the "skid plate", dropped it down a little and R&R the filter. Just out of curiosity after replacing the skid plate, I just reached over the plate to check the fan blades. OOOps, there were no little plastic fan blades.
Hummmm, wonder how long its been that way?:ashamed:
I'll have to call the dealer on Monday.
Oh well, Happy New Year:D

After you replace the fan, definitely get the Bro-Tek skid plates. I got them for Christmas, and they are REAL protectors, not the crap that Kubota sells. (I bought a "large" sized skid protector plate from Kubota, but it is so minimal that it is still hanging on my work room wall, and the new Bro-Tek front and rear skid plates will be the ones that go on my BX25.)