Loader Snow Blower just isnt right. Blower is a blower, right?

/ Snow Blower just isnt right. Blower is a blower, right? #1  

Searay45DB

Tractor
Kubota G 1800
Last weekend, I discovered the hard way that my wife put some landscaping rock on the walk to our door.I have a TG2742 Kubota two stage blower, it's on the front of my G1800. The fan was shot. I ordered in a new fan, auger bearings and figured out eventually that you disconnect the shaft from the chain sprocket so you can pull the whole unit out. Put the auger bearings in, although they don't go all the way into the shaft, that took 3 hours to realize. So now, when I turn it on, it seems out of balance. The only thing I notice is that the gear box is more on one side than the other. How do I know? When I put the shear pins back on, there is no space between the auger and the gearbox on one side, and about 1/4" on the other. The side with the quarter " has more space in general I have the bearings installed in the same place, as there are markings from where the first set was.

Fan clears fine, no noise, just the gear box is over a little.

Suggestions? This is a two stage, so it has to be something simple. Naturally Kubota has no service manual.

Need some help from all you two stage snow blower experts!

Thanks!

/ Snow Blower just isnt right. Blower is a blower, right? #2  
Last weekend, I discovered the hard way that my wife put some landscaping rock on the walk to our door.I have a TG2742 Kubota two stage blower, it's on the front of my G1800. The fan was shot. I ordered in a new fan, auger bearings and figured out eventually that you disconnect the shaft from the chain sprocket so you can pull the whole unit out. Put the auger bearings in, although they don't go all the way into the shaft, that took 3 hours to realize. So now, when I turn it on, it seems out of balance. The only thing I notice is that the gear box is more on one side than the other. How do I know? When I put the shear pins back on, there is no space between the auger and the gearbox on one side, and about 1/4" on the other. The side with the quarter " has more space in general I have the bearings installed in the same place, as there are markings from where the first set was.

Fan clears fine, no noise, just the gear box is over a little.

Suggestions? This is a two stage, so it has to be something simple. Naturally Kubota has no service manual.

Need some help from all you two stage snow blower experts!

Thanks!

Are you sure something isn't bent?

/ Snow Blower just isnt right. Blower is a blower, right? #3  
So, loosen BOTH auger bearings and slide the shaft over, tighten bearings.

Oh and as said, be sure things are not bent.

Pictures would help as not many of us have that model.

/ Snow Blower just isnt right. Blower is a blower, right?
kevinj said:
So, loosen BOTH auger bearings and slide the shaft over, tighten bearings.

Oh and as said, be sure things are not bent.

Pictures would help as not many of us have that model.

You can move shaft over, but that does nothing as the shaft is keyed and can move freely either way. Shafts are not bent. Fan was, replaced it. There are three bearings. 2 auger and one shaft. I had the auger bearings tightened down and one of the last steps was to put the shaft bearing in, and it was tough. Sitting hear wondering if u don't tighten the shaft bearing first, then finally do the auger bearings. This is where a manual would be really helpful. Will post some pics.

/ Snow Blower just isnt right. Blower is a blower, right? #5  
You can move shaft over, but that does nothing as the shaft is keyed and can move freely either way. Shafts are not bent. Fan was, replaced it. There are three bearings. 2 auger and one shaft. I had the auger bearings tightened down and one of the last steps was to put the shaft bearing in, and it was tough. Sitting hear wondering if u don't tighten the shaft bearing first, then finally do the auger bearings. This is where a manual would be really helpful. Will post some pics.

On my blower the auger shaft can slide back and forth in the gear case. I centered it, straightened the housing. The housing and auger bearings are all that hold the shaft on mine.

The worm gears try to push it to one side.

Ok. but When I disconnect the bracket, I can move the gear box over, butit wants to go back to where it is. Do I have to loosen the shaft bearing in the housing?

I follow you, but when nothing is supporting the gearbox it, it wants to be off center I guess. When I put the last bearing on(shaft bearing) , it was a *****, wondering since i had the auger bearings installed, it determined the placement of the gear box.Is this more of a sequence order?

Follow? Here are some pics.

Attachments

• DSC_0622.jpg
    DSC_0622.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 381
  • DSC_0624.jpg
    DSC_0624.jpg
    112 KB · Views: 342
  • DSC_0625.jpg
    DSC_0625.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 298
  • DSC_0626.jpg
    DSC_0626.jpg
    119.7 KB · Views: 441
  • DSC_0629.jpg
    DSC_0629.jpg
    159 KB · Views: 477
   / Snow Blower just isnt right. Blower is a blower, right? #7  
Ok. but When I disconnect the bracket, I can move the gear box over, butit wants to go back to where it is. Do I have to loosen the shaft bearing in the housing?

I follow you, but when nothing is supporting the gearbox it, it wants to be off center I guess. When I put the last bearing on(shaft bearing) , it was a *****, wondering since i had the auger bearings installed, it determined the placement of the gear box.Is this more of a sequence order?

Follow? Here are some pics.

Loosen the AUGER bearings on the outside housing and move the auger shaft over to center it.

What are you calling a shaft bearing????

On my blower the auger shaft can slide back and forth in the gear case. I centered it, straightened the housing. The housing and auger bearings are all that hold the shaft on mine.

The worm gears try to push it to one side.

The housing bearing...lossen that to center, then the auger?

/ Snow Blower just isnt right. Blower is a blower, right? #9  
The housing bearing...lossen that to center, then the auger?

What is a housing bearing????

There are bearings on the drive, on the impeller shaft and on the auger ends.

/ Snow Blower just isnt right. Blower is a blower, right? #10  
First off I'd say it is out of balance as far as snow delivery to the fan. Is one auger flight is off by 180 degrees? The collection action ought to be chuting the snow into the fan. That's not going to happen the way the picture seems to show in your machine. Give us a picture of the entire front of the unit.

Secondly, it looks to me like the gearbox bracket is bent to the side, perhaps because of the large torque hit when it stalled. That gearbox input shaft ought to be square with the frame. Say it ain't so.

Here's a shot at what the auger alignment ought to look like. The auger is essentially a rotating funnel.