3-Point Hitch B20-3 point hitch

/ B20-3 point hitch #1  

61yazoo

Tractor
Kubota B20
I am new to both the tractor community and the forum community. Recently purchased a 91 B20 to help out around the house and till the 'wife's garden'.

The backhoe had been removed from the tractor (which is fine with me) but there was no 'hardware' for the 3 point hitch. (Nothing!)

I contacted my local dealer about a 3 point hitch kit. I was told that a kit for my tractor is not available: I would have to buy all of the parts individually. Total cost......approx. $1000. I decided to hold off on that purchase.

I began searching for kits on the internet and came across a company that advertises on this website: Farm and Ranch Attachments

They advertised a complete 3 point hitch kit for $179 plus shipping. I called the company and was assured that the kit would fit my B20.

When the kit arrived, I (along with 2 experienced tractor owners) could not get the kit to work. The 'subframe' for the backhoe seems to be interferring with the 3 point hitch.

I wouldn't mind removing the backhoe subframe but it seems to be an intragal part of the tractor.

Has anyone else had 3 point hitch problems with the B20? Am I going to have to spend $1000 at the Kubota dealer.

If you reply, please try to use layman's terms. You aren't dealing with the brightest bulb on the tree when it comes to tractors. :)

Any help will be DEEPLY appreciated.

/ B20-3 point hitch #2  
Any chance you could post a few pictures of the problem? The 3 point hitch kits you liked to looked pretty generic........ I too would assume it should fit your tractor. Exactly what is the subframe interfering with? If the problem is with the sway chains, could the moved to the inside of the lower arms (or outside if they are inside now) ? A picture would be worth a thousand words.

/ B20-3 point hitch #3  
I purchased the B26 3 point hitch kit for my B21. The parts are the same as the B21 parts but the price is about half. I am not sure if it will work with the B20. The B26 kit is part number B3941.

/ B20-3 point hitch #4  
I have a B20 and the 3pt hitch (Kubota's) as it came with the tractor. Any pics or diagram of the problem may help us help you. I don't see how you can take part of the subframe off but then again I have never consider to do so.

/ B20-3 point hitch
Wow! I am blown away by the quick responses to my inquiry. I honestly do appreciate it.

After looking at all the parts I received in the kit; looking at all the parts on an online parts manual; and closely examinining photos of other B20's 3PH, I think I have discovered my problem. The complete kit I ordered was not totally complete. There are a couple of parts I will have to buy from my dealer which will allow the lower link bars to expand out and pass freely by the backhoe subframe.

Again, thanks so much for the response. I think I will be ok on THIS crisis. Stay on the lookout for me. I'm sure I'll be back.

/ B20-3 point hitch #6  
If that does not work, there was a kubota 3 pt kit on ebay for $150 - it was close to the dimensions for the B21, slightly longer arms which I think would work just fine.

/ B20-3 point hitch #7  
im experiencing same thing except i havent bought anything yet, ive stored backhoe and cant find 3 point parts from tractor that i inherited from gramps---what kit did you buy to make work? thanks

/ B20-3 point hitch
I purchased my kit from a site that advertises here: Farm and Ranch Attachments. The kit number was #29801. Prior to ordering the kit I called the company and was assured that this was the proper kit for the B20. When it arrived however, I realized that it was going to require a lot of modification. So, unless you can weld or have a friend that can weld, I don't recommend this kit.

After receiving this kit I again telephoned the company and they still wanted to argue that I had the proper kit. When I mentioned returning it, they became very defensive.

Although I now have a functioning 3pt. it is not perfect. I still have some tweaking to do.

If you will send me a pm I will send you a file on the parts lists and diagram for your B20. It may help in the future.

/ B20-3 point hitch #9  
Fast forward 6 years to a new person with the same issue. Kubota dealer now wants over $1500 for the parts. I purchased a kit from Reliable Tractor Parts but it doesn't seem to work. They are willing to let me return it but if I can't find anything better will try to modify it (hoping not to have to do that).
Like 61yazoo I am new to tractors so please use layman's terms.
Any advise appreciated.

Tim

/ B20-3 point hitch #10  
Hi Tim,

It turns out that I need a backhoe sub-frame from a B20 in order to mount the BT750 attachment I bought last year. I had planned to either modify the attachment, or build a sub-frame from scratch. However, if you're interested, I'd be willing to discuss a trade for the complete three point set-up on my B2150. After A LOT of research, I determined that the B20 and the B2150 are nearly identical where it counts in terms of swapping components for this trade. Alternatively, I'd be willing to make you an offer on the sub-frame alone to help off-set some of your costs, if you decide to go another route on the hitch.

Cheers,
Mike