Going to a Farm Machinery auction tomorrow

/ Going to a Farm Machinery auction tomorrow #1  

Haywire

Veteran Member
Tractor
Tractorless :(
Q1: What do I need that I might find for less than my self imposed limit of $150?

Plow.. no.
Middle buster.. no.
Subsoiler... no.
Harley rake.. no.
Box blade... got one already...
Tiller.. decent one would bust my limit.
Rear blade... maybe
Snow blower.. budget bust and not needed in this area
chain harrow.. maybe could use it for a drag.
Disk harrow.. no.
Boom pole.. no.
Bush hog.. no.
Disk harrow.. no.
Boom sprayer.. not buying one used
Carryall.. got one.
Water container for remote watering of new trees... yes

Q2: What will I actually come home with?

Check back tomorrow night at the same bat time, same bat channel. Holy Attachments Batman!

Actually I'm not too optimistic about them having much in the way of sub-compact attachments. It's a consignment auction and I expect to see a lot of big boy agriculture stuff.

Ian

/ Going to a Farm Machinery auction tomorrow #2  
Actually I'm not too optimistic about them having much in the way of sub-compact attachments. It's a consignment auction and I expect to see a lot of big boy agriculture stuff.

Thats the same thing I find here too. On Craigslist I find the same thing unfortunately:(. I have gotten lucky a few times in the classifieds.:)

/ Going to a Farm Machinery auction tomorrow #3  
With scrap at 300 dollars a ton I believe whatever you bring home on budget will weigh less than a 1/2 ton. It is making homemade projects alittle costly. Good Luck and may you find something useful.

/ Going to a Farm Machinery auction tomorrow
Well, it was as I suspected. Nothing much for a sub-compact. There was a Countyline 6' back blade that looked like brand new, but if I buy one, I would rather have one with the ability to tilt so it's a little more versatile.

Ian

/ Going to a Farm Machinery auction tomorrow #5  
Iron suitcase weights, dirt scoop, roller pump, welding rod, log chains, angle iron.

/ Going to a Farm Machinery auction tomorrow
I never really understood the scoop. I suppose if you don't have a loader it might be handy. :shrug: