kubota L295DT Hydraulic reservoir

/ kubota L295DT Hydraulic reservoir #1  

jpaeye

Tractor
Kubota L5740 and New Holland TC33D
Hello everyone,

I am posting for my wonderful 80 year old neighbor. His 30 year old L295DT finally needed it's first repair ouside of routine maintenance. He blew a hydraulic line while using the back blade to clear his driveway and replaced all of his lines today.

Unfortunately, he cannot find his hydraulic fluid reservoir. He had me look over the tractor and for the life of me I couldn't find one either. I thought perhaps the reservoir might be tied into the transmission, but I don't think so since this is a gear tractor, not HST. Owner's manual made no mention of it either, at least I could not find it in the 5 minutes I looked.

I am hoping someone has this tractor and can give us some insight, or can point me in a direction to find this information.

Thanks for all replies and help, I truly appreciate it. I love thie website and community.

/ kubota L295DT Hydraulic reservoir #3  
The level check plug is right next to your right ankle when seated on the tractor.

E/S

/ kubota L295DT Hydraulic reservoir
Thanks for the help, guys. E/S, this model has a cab, am I safe in assuming this will not be an issue with the placement of the level fill check plug?

/ kubota L295DT Hydraulic reservoir #5  
I don't believe so, look for a bolt that looks like it hold nothing.
E/S

/ kubota L295DT Hydraulic reservoir #6  
The gear oil is hydraulic fluid and the transmission is the reservoir. On my L345 (same tractor except it has 4 cyl engine) there's a large filler plug on top of the transmission, behind the shifter. Behind that are the cast letters PTO and beside that is the dipstick. It has a rubber knob on the top that eventually breaks off, leaving just a small button sticking up. Might need pliers to get it out especially if it hasn't been out in a while.

Last edited: