Tractor Seats

/ Tractor Seats #1  

bill18163

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota B2710,BX1860,LA3940
Has anyone replaced the original seat that came with your tractor? I have a B2710 and I have had back problems for years. I would like to buy a seat that has more support and some kind of shock absorbing feature in it. Anyone know where I might find a seat like this? Thanks.

/ Tractor Seats #3  
I'm kind of experiencing the same thing with my B7100. I don't like the seat and it really doesn't do much to support the back. Although it'll probably take some engineering, I think I'm going to get one of the weight adjustable seats with a higher back and arm rests. Bird is right, you can see several seat options through the Northern Tool site. Most of the seats I was looking at were in the $125 - $150 price range. I've decided to get one from our local TSC store and will probably install it over Thanksgiving. I'll let you know how it works out.

Anyway, check out the Northern Tool and Tractor Supply Co. websites.

Bob Pence

/ Tractor Seats #4  
The 2910 has a different seat than the 2710 -- spring shock absorbing. I love it. There should be no reason it couln't be put on a 2710, although you would probably have to move the toolbox.

/ Tractor Seats #5  
Glenn,

The seat on the BX2200 has springs but the ride is mighty stiff. You owned one of these for a few days. How different is the seat comfort between the BX2200 and your current tractor? Should I be shopping for a seat upgrade? Or am I SOL (seat out of luck)?

Huck

/ Tractor Seats #6  
Huck, all the B series have springs but they don't seem to do much. But the 2910 has a seat that travels up and down about 2 to 3 inches, with a variable tension control that you can adjust for your weight. Sometimes it almost feels pneumatic to me. My direct comparison is to the BX (standard B) seat. On the BX I would constantly bounce up and down with my seat banging up and down on the tractor seat if I went fast, with me sometimes lifting slightly off the seat. Going over the same ground at the same speed with the 2910, it is the seat itself that travels up and down. Occasionally, it will bottom out, which I could probably fix with the tensioner.

Again, it is a big difference. I'm sure there are aftermarket seats from sources such as Bird has posted. Chalkley has one about which he sings rhapsodies.

Glenn

/ Tractor Seats #7  
Bob, I see you are considering a seat with high back and armrests. I bought a used tractor with a similar seat installed. For my use, it isn't as comfortable as it appears. There aren't many times when I can settle down in the seat and use the armrests. And they are in the way for the side to side movements necessary to operate a tractor. I took my armrests off because they were in the way.

The high back also interferes with adjusting the top link (manual) from the seat. Also with a low back seat I can maneuver the lower links' connecting rods when hooking up to equipment.

I just wanted you to think it out before you buy something that isn't as useful as you thought.

Gene

/ Tractor Seats #8  
Everyone likes things different for different reasons, Gene. I spent a lot of time on a neighbor's old Oliver cutting and baling hay, and I liked the arm rests on the seat. But anytime he uses that same tractor, he folds the arm rests up out of the way; would just as soon not have them on the tractor. My B7100 didn't have arm rests, but now my B2710 does, and I use them all the time and wouldn't want to be without them; never fold them up out of the way./w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

Bird

/ Tractor Seats #9  
You're right , Byrd, like the old saying goes, "Whatever cranks your tractor". I just wanted Bob to have enough information to consider all the angles.

Gene

/ Tractor Seats #10  
Check out the thread "L4310 enhancements" in this same section of the board for quite a bit of info and some pictures. I actually just updated it a few minutes ago with some more info on one of the seats Northern sells.

I don't know how the seats attach to the B-series tractors, but there was very little work involved in getting these seats mounted on the L4310 and L2250.

And there's no doubt about it: They will sure take a lot of the pain out of extended tractor use.

MarkC