B7500 won't start!

/ B7500 won't start! #1  

RichC

Tractor
B7500
B7500 won\'t start!

Dang! 27 hours on my new B7500 and it won't start this Thanksgiving day. And the dealership is closed for the entire weekend.
What's wrong? It is an HST - so with the clutch depressed I can visually see that a clutch switch is actuated. Then, there's the kill switch, it is pressed in and it should start. I get all the lights lit up on the dash, the headlights work and the battery is up. I strongly suspect that this is an electrical problem - but where to look?

/ B7500 won't start! #2  
Re: B7500 won\'t start!

Just a thought... I am constantly leaving the pto on with my B7500. It has to be off in order to start.

Greg

/ B7500 won't start!

Greg,
The minute I hit the send button, I knew the problem would be something simple. You are absolutely right!
I snuck away from the guests and went back out to the barn to look at it - - and noticed the pto lever was engaged.
I never use the pto - instead have a FEL and backhoe - so I hadn't encountered that problem yet.
Now I know. . .feeling a little sheepish, but really really happy that nothing is wrong. . .
-RichC

/ B7500 won't start! #4  

Rich,
Glad it worked for you. I'm also glad that I'm not the only one that's scratched my head on that one. Have a great Thanksgiving.

Greg

/ B7500 won't start! #5  

Don't feel bad. Did the same thing. Too bad they don't have a "Hey stupid, your PTO is engaged" light. I could have used it a few times.
-Terry

/ B7500 won't start! #6  

I think you might have something here!/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif
Seems to me that, if a switch is involved preventing
the engine from starting, another one could be
installed that lights a small pilot light on the dash somewhere. Got me thinking.
I'm a member of that club as well.

/ B7500 won't start! #7  

rich: usually when it won't start all of a sudden, it is usually a saftey switch. glad u found the problem.

/ B7500 won't start! #8  

Dave,
Actually, it's really not needed. After about the 20th time I finally remember to check the PTO lever first when mounting my girl.
-T

/ B7500 won't start! #9  

I'm a good one for leaving the stop switch out because I don't want my kids trying to start it. The problem - I forget and can't start it.

/ B7500 won't start!

Just a note to you all who chipped in with the helpfull information. The tractor started okay, I brought it up to the house. I convinced my sister-in-law, who is a born & bred city girl visiting us from Los Angeles, to get in the seat and drive it a little bit. I think she's hooked !
I'll put her on the backhoe today and she how she does.
Thanks everyone. I hope you all have a nice weekend.
-RichC