Pats Easy Change System-BX25

/ Pats Easy Change System-BX25 #1  

Tachdriver

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota bx25
I got mine today for my BX25 and the product is well worth the money. Construction is substantial ! Installation is easy. For those who have the BX25 Cat. 1 hitch, I used the thicker shim (.375"). At first it appears the thinner shim is the one, but when the U-bolt is torqued down it was not parallel with the arm. The thicker shim does the trick.

later

/ Pats Easy Change System-BX25 #2  
I have one on my 3130 and they are the cats Meow. It is possible you may need a tad longer top link though and also make sure your PTO shafts are long enough if you use them to power equipment. Tyhat was the best money I spent on an addition to my tractor. No pinch bar needed to center equipment...

/ Pats Easy Change System-BX25
This system has a "optional stabilizer bar" that lines up the left arms. IS this something I will also need ?

later

/ Pats Easy Change System-BX25 #4  
This system has a "optional stabilizer bar" that lines up the left arms. IS this something I will also need ?

later

The bar is helpful for exactly lining up the hooks to match the lift pins on the implement. Is it necessary - no. It, or a substitute, is definitely convenient however.

Lots of people on TBN have devised different ways to avoid the high cost of the bar. Searching will find several posts.

I use a large turnbuckle and welded a bolt on each end.

Before that, thin rebar was bent to make implement-specific spacers and left with the implement when unhooking. Trouble is, those seemed to disappear or I'd forget where they were.:confused2:

/ Pats Easy Change System-BX25 #5  
I've had Pat's and I've also bought two different ones off Ebay that do the same job for alot less money. Are the cheaper cast ones as strong as Pat's, my Machinist brother in law says no so you decide. Here's some pictures of them. I've mostly went to the set that lets the implement sit on top or bottom (they way these are being used) of the QH so drive shafts and top links will fit.

Attachments

• P1050277.jpg
    P1050277.jpg
    466.9 KB · Views: 789
  • P1050589.jpg
    P1050589.jpg
    275.8 KB · Views: 775
  • P1050590.jpg
    P1050590.jpg
    360.2 KB · Views: 464
  • P1050591.jpg
    P1050591.jpg
    446.9 KB · Views: 641
  • P1060634.JPG
    P1060634.JPG
    978.2 KB · Views: 472
  • P1060635.jpg
    P1060635.jpg
    265.3 KB · Views: 669
  • P1060670.jpg
    P1060670.jpg
    321.5 KB · Views: 445
  • P1060671.jpg
    P1060671.jpg
    293 KB · Views: 493
  • P1060672.jpg
    P1060672.jpg
    308.1 KB · Views: 391
  • P1060673.jpg
    P1060673.jpg
    317.5 KB · Views: 389
  • P1060674.jpg
    P1060674.jpg
    308.4 KB · Views: 396
  • P1060675.jpg
    P1060675.jpg
    298.1 KB · Views: 361
  • P1060676.jpg
    P1060676.jpg
    305 KB · Views: 342
  • P1060677.jpg
    P1060677.jpg
    293.8 KB · Views: 476
  • P1060678.jpg
    P1060678.jpg
    318.9 KB · Views: 364
   / Pats Easy Change System-BX25 #6  
I got the adjustable bar with mine, but quickly quit using it as it had a tendacy to slip out of adjustment. I instead cut a piece of 3/4" pvc to the proper length and notched it on one end. It will slip over the two round posts on the Pat's system that point at each other and hold the lower arms apart. The notch is so you can get it off once the implement is on. I now have the telescopic stabilizers on mine which hold the 3pt hitch apart, so don't need the PVC anymore, I think those will only work on the B's. Anyway the PVC solution is cheap and easy.

/ Pats Easy Change System-BX25 #7  
I might have to get me a set of those...The 3-point hitch is a PITA to hook up...:confused2:

/ Pats Easy Change System-BX25 #8  
I bought mine last spring for my BX25.....best investment ever. I also bought the stablilizer bar and I would recommend either the one that Pats sells or make one yourself. 1st time I used the system I ended up bending the stabilizer bar when I brought arms all the way up, a hammer and 30 secs. later we were good to go. OBTW what a great company to deal with!!

/ Pats Easy Change System-BX25 #9  
John Thomas,

You have had some time since this thread to use these puppies. In your
opinion, should a guy w/ a BX25 spring for __________or ________ or _______? :)

Kyle, did you buy anything, if so what? You happy w/ it?

TIA!

/ Pats Easy Change System-BX25 #10  
I've had Pat's and I've also bought two different ones off Ebay that do the same job for alot less money. Are the cheaper cast ones as strong as Pat's, my Machinist brother in law says no so you decide. Here's some pictures of them. I've mostly went to the set that lets the implement sit on top or bottom (they way these are being used) of the QH so drive shafts and top links will fit.

John Thomas,

You have had some time since this thread to use these puppies. In your
opinion, should a guy w/ a BX25 spring for __________or ________ or _______? :)

Kyle, did you buy anything, if so what? You happy w/ it?

TIA!
I sold my Pats a couple of years ago. I still have the two different sets that I paid under $100 for each set a few years ago on ebay.
I still prefer the set that lets you install them in under a minute with the slot either facing up or down. That way you can lift the arms up under the implement pins or drop the arms down onto the implement pins. Some hook ups seem easier coming under and some dropping down.
The main reason for preferring them is the drive shaft and upper arm lengths are OK with this set since it doesn't extend back farther from the tractor like the Pats and my other cheap set.
Now a possible down side to the ones I prefer. They move a bit when you pull forward or back up. They do not clamp onto the 3ph arms rigid like the others. Last year when using my tiller it would quit turning the tines. I checked drive chain and it was fine. Finally discovered a lock/c clip ring was broken where drive shaft enters the tiller. Replaced c clip and went back to tilling. It broke again. This year I did not use the QHs and just hooked tiller to 3ph arms and have had no problem with the tiller. In fact used it yesterday quite a bit on some previously tilled and previously untilled ground. I believe the bit of jerky movement allowed by the QHs I was using allowed the jerking on the c clip and kept breaking it. The other QHs that extend back from the arms made my drive shaft to short so can't use them with tiller.
This is speculation on my part as to why the c clip kept breaking but after about 4 hours of tilling after removing the QHs and no c clip breaking I really believe the floppy QHs I was using was the problem or causing the problem.
If one works alone QHs are great. I wrestled my tiller on to my 3ph this year alone and my back knew about it for about 3 days. Should have called my Brother who lives next door to come help me but you know how that is. The best, in my opinion, is to have implements on concrete floors on dollies and just roll them over to the 3ph. Several on here have them. I had my tiller on a poorly made dolly and it fell off so next year I'll make a better dolly.:) For those that don't have concrete floors and dollies the extendable arms are the best choice and dollies and extendable arms both together would be 3ph hook up heaven.
Bottomline, if I was doing it all over I'd add extendable arms to my tractor before getting QHs or at least the expensive QHs. 9 years and 13 Kubotas later that is my opinion.:) I had a L3240 with the extendable arms and it was great.
If my B2320 was HST I'd probably get extendable arms for it and may even check into pricing for them now on my geared B2320.:D