Oil & Fuel BX24 Time for new anti freeze

/ BX24 Time for new anti freeze #1  

Orange 08

Bronze Member
Tractor
BX24D
I am going to change the anti freeze in my BX24 from what I have read almost any kind will do. I am putting in the green stuff.

Question is: does anyone know if there is a block drain plug on the BX 24 engine or only the radiaton drain?

/ BX24 Time for new anti freeze #2  
   / BX24 Time for new anti freeze
Thanks for the quick reply. I thought it would have a block drain. I will go out and look for it.

So far I am still using regular green. I guess I can add SCAs to it if needed.

/ BX24 Time for new anti freeze #4  
So our BXs take a special antifreeze - correct ? I suppose Kubota has that in stock also.

later

/ BX24 Time for new anti freeze #5  
So our BXs take a special antifreeze - correct ? I suppose Kubota has that in stock also.

Depends on who you listen to. I am no expert by far, so I can't give any guidance. From all the posts on TBN about this subject, it appears to be 50/50 on how many people say to use special diesel antifreeze like Fleetguard. My local dealer did not have any diesel specific antifreeze on hand for their use or to sell. I purchased mine at an auto parts store.

/ BX24 Time for new anti freeze #6  
There are many antifreeze types that will be suitable for your tractor. Problems can develop however when two incompatible types of antifreeze are mixed together. If your new antifreeze is not the same type as your old, you have the potential for an unhappy chemical reaction between the two. It can be a simple sludge or deposit formation, or it can be as bad as acids developing that will cause your engine and radiator harm. Simply draining the old fluid does not get every last drop out. The way to avoid this is once you drain the old, be sure to thoroughly flush the system with fresh distilled water. You may need to do this several times until it comes out clear. If you don't want to go through the trouble of flushing, just be sure you re-fill with the same type (doesn't have to be the same brand) as what was in there previously.

/ BX24 Time for new anti freeze #7  

later

Special as in how? You can use an EG coolant and no DC4A etc (for wet liners) is needed. As in Ford Powerchokes etc.

People make this out harder then it is. Use EG and fill with distilled water if you want, RODI water if you want or tap water (if it is PH correctly, low TDS etc)...Not too hard.

I drained by rad and then refilled with normal EG collant and RODI...No need to drain in my eyes..Never drained/flushed a car in my life and no issues to date.

Last edited:
   / BX24 Time for new anti freeze #8  
sw03
I agree. Everything you do, can be made more difficult, than it needs to be.:thumbsup:

/ BX24 Time for new anti freeze #9  
sw03
I agree. Everything you do, can be made more difficult, than it needs to be.:thumbsup:

yup, the most PITA is drained the rad...After that, it is like 2 minutes.

/ BX24 Time for new anti freeze #10  
I have a bx 24, just called dealer for antifreeze and was told kubota does not sell a kubota brand a/freeze and to use green prestone cause thats what in the system from the factory