Snow A B7500, back blade and 2' of snow.

/ A B7500, back blade and 2' of snow. #1  

cchoate

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota GL3430 HST
A B7500, back blade and 2\' of snow.

My first experience removing alot of snow with a Kubota. Using a 6' back blade worked better than I expected - alot better. I did move half the snow by pushing with the back of the blade. In 4wd and turf tires, I did spin some so I will be adding chains.
The previous six years I used a blower on my riding mower but it always picked up rocks from my 400' gravel drive. For me, plowing works better.
Last - The rear work lights really helped as this is the first use they have had. To dark for pictures- I'll try to add some in the next day.

/ A B7500, back blade and 2' of snow. #2  
Re: A B7500, back blade and 2\' of snow.

CHRIS: think we had the same storm, i had at least 2 feet, and i did not use the rear blade at all, to much and too wet, used the fel, b2400, r'4s and no chains, on concret and did not really have much of a problem did slip some, but chains would have slipped also on the concrete.

Attachments

• 2-213699-whatihavetomove.jpg
    2-213699-whatihavetomove.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 98
   / A B7500, back blade and 2' of snow. #3  

Frank: We flew into Buffalo Staurday night and it was snowing fairly hard then at the airport. By the time we got to the Peace bridge it was just wet. We got about 2 inches of snow Sunday night and yesterday which gave me some seat time but no challenge.

/ A B7500, back blade and 2' of snow. #4  

Chris-We had 6" of snow here just outside Louisville. This was my first time to remove that white stuff. It was a dry powder and the big orange beast performed great. I have an asphalt drive that's just over 350 ' and my FEL and r4's and 4wd worked just fine.

Attachments

• 2-214653-smallsnow.jpg
    2-214653-smallsnow.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 107
   / A B7500, back blade and 2' of snow. #5  

Chris-We had 6" of snow here just outside Louisville. This was my first time to remove that white stuff. It was a dry powder and the big orange B7500 beast performed great. I have an asphalt drive that's just over 350 ' and my FEL and r4's and 4wd worked just fine.

Richard

Attachments

• 2-214655-smallsnow.jpg
    2-214655-smallsnow.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 111
   / A B7500, back blade and 2' of snow.

Six inches? In Buffalo, NY, were happy to only get six inches at one time. We have the reputation of the snow capital and sometimes it's well deserved.
Did you find using a fel was alot of work, i.e. keep dumping it when it filled up? I'm getting a fel in the spring and hoping it will help knock down the large snow banks.

/ A B7500, back blade and 2' of snow. #7  

To spin while clearing snow is not a bad thing. To put chains on and to dig will break hard pack starting ruts that might make it tougher later in the season to clean the driveway. I've tried it both ways and I'd prefer to spin some. However if you are getting stuck continually than it's a different matter.

/ A B7500, back blade and 2' of snow. #8  

glad to hear from another wny person. u will love the fel when u get it. most useful thing u can get.

/ A B7500, back blade and 2' of snow. #9  

Chris-Yes 6" to anyone in the north is probably no big deal but, for the guys in the southern part of the country that aren't used to it can be intimidating. I didn't find using the FEL to move the snow was hard at all. If you work it right you push the snow as far as you can on the area your clearing and then just move it to the right or left and pile it up. I really get a lot of use out of my FEL. I know you are going to really enjoy if you get one.