BX24 & 2763A Plow video....

/ BX24 & 2763A Plow video.... #1  

Jabroni

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota BX24
It stopped snowing, and the sun came out, so I decided to post a short onboard video of my BX24 with the 2763A plow in action.

BX24 plowing video

/ BX24 & 2763A Plow video.... #2  
I have the same set up except I don't have the skid shoe kit. I really like being able to change the blade direction on the fly. I was pretty much doing the same thing today in Central Massachusetts.

I see your hydraulic lines are really long. Mine were too and popped out of the holder on the side during the first use (2007) and went under the front tire and yanked (broke) one of the four fittings. They are not as long now and I use a few cable ties to make sure they don't jump out of the little holder. I noticed you have turf tires and yet manage to stay pretty straight while plowing. Is the Backhoe still on (it's 600 pounds)? I take the backhoe off and put a Herds sander on, but it is not as heavy and I do the physics thing with an opposite and equal reaction when I push snow. This year I bought a carry all from TSC and put planks on it and then add weight on the back. Works pretty well and I figure I can add even more weighht if I have to. It's not too hard to do a change over. I bought some car dollies at Harbor Freight and drop the sander and carryall on them when changing around.

Thanks for posting the link. I saw some more BX24 videos there and will go back when I have a moment.

Chris

/ BX24 & 2763A Plow video.... #3  
Duh. I just noticed you are in Central Mass, too.

Did you get your Kubota at Ahearn's?

/ BX24 & 2763A Plow video.... #4  
got the same setup on my bx25. i don't use the shoes and always take the backhoe off. from the looks of the video i'll guess you have the backhoe installed. the front on mine feels too light when i tried it with the bh... plus i don't want to worry about hitting anything. i also use turfs and they are great in the snow. lotsa bx's in mass... i',m in central mass also and bought mine at toreku. nice people to deal with.
enjoy
steve
bx25

/ BX24 & 2763A Plow video....
Duh. I just noticed you are in Central Mass, too.

Did you get your Kubota at Ahearn's?
Sure did! I get all of my equipment there. Nice folks, have dealt with them for 10 years now.

....from the looks of the video i'll guess you have the backhoe installed. the front on mine feels too light when i tried it with the bh... plus i don't want to worry about hitting anything. i also use turfs and they are great in the snow. lotsa bx's in mass... i',m in central mass also and bought mine at toreku. nice people to deal with.
enjoy
steve
bx25
Not familiar with them, Steve. I'm in south central, just off I-84 and I-90. Yes, I've been hesitant to remove the BH because the weight is good for the rear. But like you say, it unweights the front. But the steering correction was mostly because I was trying to steer, and look thru the darn camera at the same time. The light front is very noticable in the heavy stuff. An angled plow will deflect the front end very easily. Did you notice any rear wheel spin with the BH off? I'm tempted to drop the BH on the dolly and give it a try.

/ BX24 & 2763A Plow video.... #6  
i'm off 290-190 ..ahearn is good but toreku is a better ride for me. my opinion, much better with the bh off and never really noticed any wheel spin. at times to get around to the back yard which is snow covered grass , i've been able to pull it off.. although i thought i was stuck acouple times. i've gotten very good at removing the fel and bh... timed myself the other day and it was 15 minutes to remove fel and backhoe and install the quickhitch and plow. i brag to my friend who has a grand l that the bx is the transformer of the kubota line. i guess the only way you'll know is to try for yourself.
steve
bx25

/ BX24 & 2763A Plow video.... #7  
i plow with the bx2763a blade, shoes and squeege edge on bx2360. i remember at purchase time, i thought - man this is a ton of money for a plow set up . . . but it enabled me to sell a 17 year old low hour honda track snowthrower for 300 less than i paid for it.
tractor and plow setup allow me to make short work our driveway (90 yards long, access street, etc).
wife always thanks me for my dieseling efforts, which is a reprieve from the dog house.

lastly, the squeege edge was money well spent.

D902 BX PILOT

/ BX24 & 2763A Plow video....
I put the 'hoe on the dolly this morning and from the sound of the forecast, I won't have to wait too long to test the difference without it. I'll report my observations later.

/ BX24 & 2763A Plow video.... #9  
great. let us know how it works for you. do you keep the fel nearby? i'll be using mine tomorrow to move giant snow plows around.
steve
bx25

/ BX24 & 2763A Plow video.... #10  
meant.... piles of snow!