Another BX25 snow option question

/ Another BX25 snow option question #1  

VermontWacko

Tractor
Kubota BX25
I have read all of the posts that come up with a search on this topic.

This specific question hasn't been adressed.

Has anyone tried an adjustable snow blade mounted to the FEL bucket (such as the Bxepander blade with ground skids) and leaving the back hoe on the BX25 as balast?

How would this setup work on a dirt drive of 130' that gradually rises about 10'?

Are there other makers in addition to Bxpander?

My motivation for this setup is that it is maintains the FEL hydrolics and is very easy to switch back to the FEL for finish work without making the additional investment in the Kubota quick attach.

/ Another BX25 snow option question #2  
Pretty sure this issue has been discussed - leaving the BH on with a front blade or blower on - and I believe the opinions vary. Since you would be leaving the FEL on and just adding a plow, the BH may not prove to be too much rear ballast. Can't hurt to try and if you find the front wheels getting light, you can always remove it for less weight, like a box blade or rear blade, or even the ballast box, if you have any of these.

The only other option I've seen is this one from Curtis. No idea what the cost is, however.

Sno Pro Tractor Blades

/ Another BX25 snow option question #3  
Has anyone tried an adjustable snow blade mounted to the FEL bucket (such as the Bxepander blade with ground skids) and leaving the back hoe on the BX25 as balast?

Have the bxpanded blade, love it.

I pull the hoe off and use a 5' rear blade for counter weight.

I set the front plow to leave 1/2"-3/4" and for the areas I want super clean I use the rear blade.

How would this setup work on a dirt drive of 130' that gradually rises about 10'?

You _ARE_ going to push gravel off your drive. How much depends entirely on the operator.

Will it clear the snow... absolutely.

Are there other makers in addition to Bxpander?

I've not seen anyone else with a ready to go setup that was light enough on the lbs. to be willing to put it on the end of a BX loader.

Sure you can fab something up.... but if you had super-duper fabritcator powers you'd be in the shop making it not asking about it. :thumbsup:

My motivation for this setup is that it is maintains the FEL hydrolics and is very easy to switch back to the FEL for finish work without making the additional investment in the Kubota quick attach.

The exact reason I got the setup. I live on a dead end, and the mounds the town plows leave require a loader. But the 600' of driveway really require a blade, so I need both.

/ Another BX25 snow option question
Thanks JDonovan for answering -- exactly what I needed. We are supposed to get snow this week -- so it the FEL to start:mad:

/ Another BX25 snow option question #6  
vw- you could try the jari system- his own veresion of quick attach. you could get the blank plate and add a snowplow to it if you are handy. this way you could still swap between FEL and plow. or just go with bxpanded plow.
Is there a reason why you need a FEL bucket in winter? going with bxpanded plow you can push snow up a bank to make room if needed. I'm doing the same right now, but went with a truck plow instead on my FEL arms.

/ Another BX25 snow option question #7  
jdonovan

Shouldn't the sled feet on the blade set to the proper height and with the FEL in float mode minimize plowing gravel?

/ Another BX25 snow option question #8  
This is my set up that I purchased from another member it works great.
No digging into my dirt / gravel drive. Fast enough for me to go switch to the bucket to move the piles back or bring in firewood.

/ Another BX25 snow option question #9  
jdonovan

Shouldn't the sled feet on the blade set to the proper height and with the FEL in float mode minimize plowing gravel?

Assuming your road has no crown... yes.

If you've got a crown, then you've got to plow in such a way that the blade does not go across the crown, or you will try to remove it.

Also if you live in an area where your ground freezes solid before the snow comes, then you'll have less trouble than say southern VA or the carolinas where you get freeze/thaw cycles and can be plowing on soft ground.

/ Another BX25 snow option question #10  
Or maybe this

Attachments

• DSCN1061.jpg
    DSCN1061.jpg
    785.3 KB · Views: 570