kubota fuel tank to small

/ kubota fuel tank to small #1  

bigbull338

Elite Member
Tractor
7040 HDC 1153 fel
well my kubotas fuel tank is to small.everytime i work it for a few days it wants a drink of diesel.i wish they wouldve put 20 gal tanks on them.

/ kubota fuel tank to small
mine is a 12.7 gal tank.an its also 52hp.guess im used to the big fuel tanks.

/ kubota fuel tank to small #4  
You're working it days at a time without refueling and that's not enough? :) I've not had my little tractor long, but I'm used to refueling my old gas riding mower every 3 or 4 hours.

/ kubota fuel tank to small #5  
You're working it days at a time without refueling and that's not enough? :) I've not had my little tractor long, but I'm used to refueling my old gas riding mower every 3 or 4 hours.

he got a point.

/ kubota fuel tank to small #6  
well my kubotas fuel tank is to small.everytime i work it for a few days it wants a drink of diesel.i wish they wouldve put 20 gal tanks on them.

Generally equipment fuel tanks are sized for the ability to work for a single shift without refueling.

If you're getting 2-3 days on a fill up, then you are clearly not working hard enough, or long enough. :thumbsup:

/ kubota fuel tank to small #7  
Generally equipment fuel tanks are sized for the ability to work for a single shift without refueling.

If you're getting 2-3 days on a fill up, then you are clearly not working hard enough, or long enough. :thumbsup:

Pretty much the way ours are, no matter the brand. We typically fill up at the end of full day of work.

/ kubota fuel tank to small
right now its on light duty putting hay out,an loading hay if needed.i really like a tractor that goes 2 or 3 wks tween fill ups.

/ kubota fuel tank to small #9  
Like jdonovan said, a day's work on a tank. I actually like it this way; I keep fresher fuel in the tank by not having a lot of leftover. I know, I could just not fill up as much but who does less than topoff when at the fuel pump. :laughing:

/ kubota fuel tank to small #10  
There is just no way that I would get a full eight hours on my Bx2350 without refueling, at least not blowing snow. I to wish that it would have a larger tank but where would they have put it?

The most annoying thing is the way that Kubota has done the fuel gage thingy, I mean that after a full fill up it seems to use no fuel according to the gage, but when the needle just hits the full mark, well after that it dives like an attacking submarine. I do so wish that it would be more accurate.