New Johnny Plow/Bucket for BX

/ New Johnny Plow/Bucket for BX #1  

CHDinCT

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota BX25, Z422-KW
Looks like Johnny Products finally introduced a johnny bucket and plow for the BX series. I really don't see much demand for the bucket, but he's selling a hydraulically angled and lifted 54" and 60" plow for the BX. Looks like the 54" with the quick hitch is $1,290 with shipping and if I read this page right, the 60" is only $40 more. I believe the Kubota 60" plow is over $2K last I checked.

I had inquired about the plow about a year and a half ago and ended up buying the Kubota OEM 54" plow and adding my own angle cylinder. Cost me just under $1,000. I think I would have gone for the $60" version of the Johnny Plow had it been available back then. One consideration however is that the quick hitch is specific to johnny products, so it could not be used for the snowblower if one every upgraded to that implement, or the sweeper for that matter. Anyone in the market for a BX plow might want to check it out.

Johnny Bucket Sr for Kubota BX

/ New Johnny Plow/Bucket for BX #2  
shaking my head. The johnny bucket is really a huge step down in capability. I just dont see the point. Plow? 50 buck difference? hmm ... the accessories looks good though.

/ New Johnny Plow/Bucket for BX
shaking my head. The johnny bucket is really a huge step down in capability. I just dont see the point. Plow? 50 buck difference? hmm ... the accessories looks good though.

Yeah, I agree. Don't see many folks buying the bucket unless, maybe and a big maybe, you have an older BX, never bought the FEL, and now can't find one. The plow on the other hand looks interesting, but I did not see info on the gauge of steel or how high it is, or weight.

/ New Johnny Plow/Bucket for BX #4  
I agree. It looks like the thing only lifts about a foot off the ground. Can't imagine what it would be good for, especially compared to the capacity of a factory FEL.

/ New Johnny Plow/Bucket for BX #5  
Last year I priced a 60" Kubota OEM from Barlows and it was 1600.00 delivered up to MA. So for less than 400.00 I would choose the OEM setup so that the QH could be used with other attachments.

/ New Johnny Plow/Bucket for BX #6  
1*Last year I priced a 60" Kubota OEM from Barlows and it was 1600.00 delivered up to MA.
.1*That's an extreamly good price for the 60 '' front blade.
Considering I only paid $1500 for mine Back in 2007.

Looks like Johnny Products finally introduced a plow for the BX series.
2*He's selling a hydraulically angled and lifted 54*plow for the BX. for what looks like $1290.
3*Ff I read this page right the 60"is only $1330.
2*Not a Bad price for the 54' but the 60'' is a give away price in comparrison.
3*This is worth almost twice what they are asking for it

keyman1808 said:
Last year I priced a 60" Kubota OEM from Barlows and it was 1600.00 delivered up to MA. So for less than 400.00 I would choose the OEM setup so that the QH could be used with other attachments.

That's a good price. Didn't think to check with Barlow's for implements when I was shopping.

/ New Johnny Plow/Bucket for BX #8  
Is it actually $600 more, based on this from the site?

"Loader valve accessory from your Kubota dealer at a cost of around $600"

So it doesn't attach directly to the values on my BX2660?

Is it actually $600 more, based on this from the site?

"Loader valve accessory from your Kubota dealer at a cost of around $600"

So it doesn't attach directly to the values on my BX2660?

I read it as simply that you need to have the Kubota loader valve on your tractor. A year or two back, you could order a BX without the valve, but it looks like they made it standard sometime in the past year or so. The plow should plug right in where your FEL hoses would normally go.