M8200 won't back up

/ M8200 won't back up #1  

heehaw

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota M4900, B7510 and RTV
M8200 won\'t back up

talked to a friend last night that is really unhappy with his kubota purchase. he bought 2 new tractors last spring, a MF and a M8200 Kubota; the problem he is having with the Kubota is it won't back up. when you put it in reverse and try to back up, it jumps up and down...he has gone back to the dealer he bought it from, and they said "they all do that". he says its impossible to back up with any kind of implement on the back, or with a round bale of hay. the tractor now has 200 hours on it, and its done it from the first day. any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated..so far my M4900 hasn't had any problems like this.
heehaw

/ M8200 won't back up #2  
Re: M8200 won\'t back up

<font color=blue>any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated</font color=blue>

Sounds pretty darn unacceptable to me. I'd have your friend contact Kubota to resolve the problem.

/ M8200 won't back up #3  

heehaw
A couple of questions, which transmission shuttle or hydraulic shuttle, 2WD or 4WD, rear wheel weights and which tires does he have? We sell a lot of these tractors, run the M9000DT and M9000HD in our rental fleet and this is a new one to me.
Lewis

/ M8200 won't back up #4  

I'd be parking that tractor up the dealers, never mind. Never seen one with that trouble before with the hydraulic shuttle or the gear.

/ M8200 won't back up #5  

Hey Lewis and Art, the hyd shuttle I remember has the clutch pack with one side for reverse and one side for forward. If the M8200 has the same set-up it sounds like there may be a problem with the reverse side of the shuttle pack itself or the delivery of pressure to the pack?

/ M8200 won't back up

just as a follow up..i talked to the person that has the M8200 that wouldn't back up...he said it was ok now..he let his wife drive it for a while, she has a tendency to ride the clutch..after that he had to readjust the clutch and it works fine now..he has since bought an additional M4900 too..
heehaw

/ M8200 won't back up #7  

heehaw

Thanks for the update. I remember reading this post before I bought my M9000. I wondered what every happened.

Sometimes mine will hop (jerk) a little when I'm releasing the clutch in reverse. Only when I'm at just the right RPM and gear. I figured I would use it for awhile more before asking about this issue. It only has 25 hours on it and it only does it every once and awhile.