How's everyone doing with the SNOW

/ How's everyone doing with the SNOW #1  

WaxMan

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota Grand L 3240 cab BH 92 backhoe
Wondering how everyone's doing with all this snow, record snow here in the Northeast. I thought my plow setup was the cats *** but I had to put my bucket back on and soon realized it's the only way to go. When I first bought my blade I only had a few hours on the FEL, now that I have 500 hrs experience with the bucket moving dirt I don't think I'll ever put the blade back on (at least not this year anyway). Guess it's time to shovel the deck.

Attachments

• Blade.JPG
    Blade.JPG
    508.5 KB · Views: 855
  • deck.JPG
    deck.JPG
    90 KB · Views: 733
   / How's everyone doing with the SNOW #2  
Waxman, stop being a tightwad and just go ahead and spring for the front blower ! ;)

/ How's everyone doing with the SNOW
Waxman, stop being a tightwad and just go ahead and spring for the front blower ! ;)

I thought about it, but then thought it must be boring going so slow. I guess I could watch a movie or something on the DVD:D I'm pretty quick and dainty with the bucket, at least in my own mind.

/ How's everyone doing with the SNOW
Speaking of springing for something can't wait to see the B3030 replacement cab tractor B3000DHC

/ How's everyone doing with the SNOW #5  
I've been keeping an eye out (the glass one) for some spy photos from a dealer show or something.......... but have so far come up empty. :(

/ How's everyone doing with the SNOW #6  
Yes, here in central CT we have had about 5 feet of the white stuff this month. I use by box blade in reverse and my loader to clear it. I am running out of places to put it on our 1000 foot gravel drive. I just priced a 64" ber vac 3ph snowblower. I think that may be the only way to go for me if we get another "nor-easter". Especially since my neighbors plow truck died yesterday, who shares a portion of the dirt road and has about another 1000 feet on top of it. The 'Bota has performed admirably through this whole ordeal I must say. We would be stuck here without it! Seems the tires are taking some undue wear though with all the spinning, just another reason to pull the trigger on the blower, or get chains I guess :thumbsup:

/ How's everyone doing with the SNOW #7  
The rear blade paid for itself this month alone. I'm at the end of a dead end street that just stops - no turn around. The plow leaves piles for me and I'm getting skilled at moving a lot of wet, compacted snow with each pass. Another month of this and I'll be able to spin my head completely around like an owl. I am running out of room as I can't stack the stuff any higher than about 7 feet. After that I can't move it. If we get another heavy snowfall I will have to move 1 or 2 of my snow mountains - not looking forward to that job.

-Jim (who is slowly constructing a glacier at the end of his field)

/ How's everyone doing with the SNOW #8  
Wondering how everyone's doing with all this snow, record snow here in the Northeast. I thought my plow setup was the cats *** but I had to put my bucket back on and soon realized it's the only way to go. When I first bought my blade I only had a few hours on the FEL, now that I have 500 hrs experience with the bucket moving dirt I don't think I'll ever put the blade back on (at least not this year anyway). Guess it's time to shovel the deck.

I too, have not mounted my front blade [two seasons], in favor of the loader and rear blade. The combination offers umpteen possibilities, in a variety of situations. :thumbsup:

/ How's everyone doing with the SNOW #9  
Another month of this and I'll be able to spin my head completely around like an owl.

-Jim (who is slowly constructing a glacier at the end of his field)

Or better yet............ like Linda Blair?? :D

/ How's everyone doing with the SNOW #10  
Foster R.I., I have a half mile gravel drive from the house to the road. A quarter mile of that is through a tightly wooded area and if we get any more snow without some significant melting first I won't be able to open a car door if need be. We just moved here in Oct so we're getting a crash course in snow removal. Sure is pretty though.:)