Adding rear weight

/ Adding rear weight #1  

Carl Bert

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota B26, John deere X595
My B26 is way too front heavy when I use it without the backhoe. I wanted to know what options I have as to adding rear weight. And would I be able to use these weights along with a rear blade or is the blade heavy enough on its own. Keep in mind that the FEL on the B26 weighs almost 700 lbs. Thanks

/ Adding rear weight #2  
My B26 is way too front heavy when I use it without the backhoe. I wanted to know what options I have as to adding rear weight. And would I be able to use these weights along with a rear blade or is the blade heavy enough on its own. Keep in mind that the FEL on the B26 weighs almost 700 lbs. Thanks

Put what ever the loader is rated to lift on the back.

/ Adding rear weight #3  
First I would add fluid in the tires. ONLY UNLESS that would put you over trailerable weight with the hoe on. This should add ~ 200lbs per tire.

Then just use a heavy implement. Box-blade or bushhog.

If you shop used implements, you can usually buy them cheaper than you can build a weight box and fill with comcrete. And if you buy an implement, it will have more uses than just dead weight out back. I built a concrete ballast when I got my tractor, but now that I have a various assortment of implements, it is just a hunk of concrete that never gets used.

/ Adding rear weight #4  
Just a little reading for you.

Type in rear ballast in the search function and you will get lots of results.

Last edited:
   / Adding rear weight #5  
I bought a carryall at TSC and put weight on the back until I have enough. I can use the carryall for other things -like moving firewood or the trash down to the road.

Like LD1 wrote - if you get an implement you will have it for something else besides the weight.