Tractor gets a fancy new V blade

/ Tractor gets a fancy new V blade
Thanks for this link. You are right... I called them with some questions about the push tubes & mounting plates, but they were just order-takers. They did point me to the manufacturer "American Manufacturing". Here is their site: American Manufacturing - Home

I think if I bought this blade,I'd buy the push tube also,then make brackets to adapt to a tractor frame.Also,the blade is not designed to V forward but one could grind the ends of the blades down enough to forward V it some.It doesn't take much to be effective~5deg or so. I would also build a center bullnose for sidewalk use. Here's a thread with some good pics of this blade;

http://www.plowsite.com/showthread.php?t=100439

/ Tractor gets a fancy new V blade
You need to add a turret on top of the cab for your head to stick up through, looks like you're hunched over to see out the windshield. Amazing piece of engineering, I'm surprised that sized tractor can push that much snow, and it doesn't even look like you have chains on it.

LOL....not that bad,I think there's 2-3 inches headroom.Actually,the limiting factor with this tractor is the Hydro_On hardpack snow the wheels don't spin,but it is very heavy.The cab weighs 285lb and 80lbs of wheel weights,which were added along with 1 inch wheel spacers to counter the top-heavyness of the cab.Also,the framework for the alternator and 2 batteries,plus the framework I added to strengthen the tractor for the rear sleeve hitch.Probably another 200 lbs.

/ Tractor gets a fancy new V blade #23  
I think if I bought this blade,I'd buy the push tube also,then make brackets to adapt to a tractor frame.Also,the blade is not designed to V forward but one could grind the ends of the blades down enough to forward V it some.It doesn't take much to be effective~5deg or so. I would also build a center bullnose for sidewalk use. Here's a thread with some good pics of this blade;

http://www.plowsite.com/showthread.php?t=100439

Thanks Locknut! I was trying to find some pictures of how this blade actually mounted up and didn't see any on the mfg's website, so that link was super helpful. I was thinking of just going with the standard blade as there are less moving parts to break, but after seeing the construction of this blade I am considering going with it instead as it would be really nice to have the V option.