Tractor gets a fancy new V blade

/ Tractor gets a fancy new V blade #1  

locknut

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota
Seeing all those pickups and UTV's with those neat power angle v blades made me jealous,so I bought one and modified it to use on the GR.I bought a Cycle Country Snow Force UTV 72" unit and cut it down to 56" so it would V down to 49" to do sidewalks.I do a lot of walks around the neighborhood and they are old and really nasty with crack offsets over an inch high in many spots.With the factory straight blade it's easy as you go and constantly jamming the blade.

On the new V I fabricated a center bullnose angled up 30deg to an 1-1/2" height.I made a dry run and it works great,going over the bad spots like they are not even there.This should speed things up considerably.

Already had two high speed actuators on hand from the loader,so I used them with fabricated brackets on the outer ends of the blades,and the existing winch for raising/lowering.

The blade also has the bottom trip edge feature instead of the whole plow tipping forward.I tried it and it does work as advertized.

Here's some pics and a video from inside the cab:

004-1.jpg

v-blade pictures by locknut-1 - Photobucket

/ Tractor gets a fancy new V blade #2  
Looks scary from the front!:) Good job.

/ Tractor gets a fancy new V blade
   / Tractor gets a fancy new V blade #4  
:thumbsup: Wow that does look neat and mean, if I was snow I would be afraid , berry afraid!:laughing::laughing::laughing:

/ Tractor gets a fancy new V blade #5  
Thats slicker'n cat poop on linoleum ! :thumbsup:

/ Tractor gets a fancy new V blade #6  
Nice work, looks like a **** good idea, and better than one could buy I bet.

/ Tractor gets a fancy new V blade
Finally got to try this out after 2 years.The V works good in deep snow,no side pull.We got around a foot of heavy wet snow and that seems about the push limit of the tractor.Here's a vid,click on the pic;

/ Tractor gets a fancy new V blade #9  
That is pretty cool!!:thumbsup: