Snowblower dealers in MA?

/ Snowblower dealers in MA? #1  

149owner

Silver Member
Tractor
Cub Cadet 149, Kubota BX2200, LX3310, JD LX277
Has anyone found and dealt with a 3ph snowblower dealer in MA that sells other the Kubota units? The closest Ber-vac dealer I found was in Maine and Pronovost was in NY or PA!. The 52" Ber-vac is $2600 and the Kubota is $2500. How do these compare to each other? The Ber-vac says recommended hp as 20-35 and their Blizzard 54" model says 16-35 hp but the BX2200's 3ph is rated at 14.5hp. It seems a lot of you are using these on a BX so should I be concerned with the hp ratings? Do these snowblowers work well with the slop we just got in MA or would I still have to clean up with a blade? Thanks.
Has anyone had luck using 12V actuators for chute rotation and deflector controls?

/ Snowblower dealers in MA? #2  
The Noertheastern region dealer and stocking distributor for Pronovost is

www.tudorandjones.com

in Weedsport, New York

The Pronovost Puma Group one "snow thrower" is made of plate steel through out and will outlast your tractor

The P- 540 wieghs in at 550 pounds+- not including hydraulic cylinders for spout and chute if ordered.

The Pronovost snow throwers have full length welds and strong box construction.

You can purchase a Pronovost Group 1 P-540 directly from Tudor and Jones with no isssues other than either picking it up or having to unload it off a truck. You will be able to add the hydraulics later on if desired.
The Pronovost folks also offer a No. 2 P.T.O., shaft as an optional purchase for it as well.

The P-540 models 4 blade impeller is 22 inches in diameter and the impeller housing is nine inches deep.

The snow cutting hieght of the P-540 is 28 inches and the open auger diameter is 16 inches.

At 540 R.P.M. this snowthrower will cast

3.14 * 11*11*9=2 cubic feet of impeller housing volume (rounded higher)

using snow at 21 pounds oer cubic foot -f2 pounds of snow per revolution
of the impeller 540 revolutions times 42 pounds is 11 tons and 680 pounds per minute of use if filled to capacity which is 68 tons per hour(rounded lower).

The Pronovost snow thowers have basic components and are easy to maintain as they are built for canadian farmers and winters.

The roller chain is a standard item, the roller bearings are metric like all other bearings and available anywhere, the sprockets are standard issue size sprockets and you can find these parts locally.

The gear boxes are very strong in constructon where many gear boxes for implements are dual use for rototillers and snow blowers both typically.

If you buy a Pronovost P-540 from Tudor and Jones it will work for you season after season with no issues other than greasing, checking the oil level on the gearbox, oiling the drive chain for the auger and occasional painting.

The thicker steel used on the Pronovost P-540 and the welded tab corners and bracing where required prevents any flexing from occuring which will bind roller bearings and the augers on the kubota snow throwers which has occured.

You should look at the construction of the "snow thrower" before making any decisions if you want a rear mounted unit.

The parts for a Pronovost are not an issue as their snow throwers are built very well with plate steel and with parts that are obtainable locally if needed.

If you add one of clarences impeller kits for rear mount snow throwers you wont have any build up of slop and you just have to make sure the impeller drum is cleaned out before you put the snow thrower away.

/ Snowblower dealers in MA? #3  
The BerVac, Blizzard and Kubota are all made by RAD...... who's quality is excellent.

Why not take nice drive up here and save yourself the government's cut ?

/ Snowblower dealers in MA? #4  
We are in NY and have both makes in stock. My thoughts, Kubota is a Rad, You are looking at two of the best I've ever worked with.

The electric fails more then the hydraulic, which normally doesn't fail. Some say that the electric is only good for two years! We do see some going longer but moisture is the problem.

/ Snowblower dealers in MA? #5  
just picked up a RAD blizzard 64inch at Kahn tractor in North Franklin CT last Saturday. Great implement, it is impressive. cost $2800, and was in stock. Don't know where in MA you are, but could be worth the trip. Great dealer in my opinion. It has manual angle adjust, but I adjusted the handle so I can easily reach it from my seat, it really is not an inconvenience at all. The power angle is just one more thing to break.

/ Snowblower dealers in MA?
Thanks for all of the replies. I would love to be able to look at each manufacturer's model but no dealers in SE MA stock them and I don't have the time to travel to several states to see them all. That's why I appreciate all the help and info I've gathered on this site!
The P-540 says 18-25hp and the Puma 54 says 16-25hp. Will the BX2200 pto rated at 14.5hp handle one of those without putting too much stress on it? A 50" Farm King is rated for 15-30 hp. How does this one stack up against the Rad and Puma lines for construction?

Leonz, What is a No. 2 P.T.O. shaft and a clearences impeller kit? I'm kind of afraid to ask about the price of a P-540 since it is a commercial unit. How does the Puma line compare to it?

/ Snowblower dealers in MA? #7  
I feel for you. SE MA dealers are far and few and most dont want to give the time of day. Where did you look so far.

/ Snowblower dealers in MA?
Locally I've tried Goldstein's and Padula Bros. Morse is always full retail. Anyone out there with a BX2200 that has a snowblower with an advertised recommended PTO hp higher then 14.5? All other places I've contacted are over 2hr's away.

/ Snowblower dealers in MA? #9  
Thanks for all of the replies. I would love to be able to look at each manufacturer's model but no dealers in SE MA stock them and I don't have the time to travel to several states to see them all. That's why I appreciate all the help and info I've gathered on this site!
The P-540 says 18-25hp and the Puma 54 says 16-25hp. Will the BX2200 pto rated at 14.5hp handle one of those without putting too much stress on it? A 50" Farm King is rated for 15-30 hp. How does this one stack up against the Rad and Puma lines for construction?

Leonz, What is a No. 2 P.T.O. shaft and a clearences impeller kit? I'm kind of afraid to ask about the price of a P-540 since it is a commercial unit. How does the Puma line compare to it?

The number 2 is the smallest size/diameter P.T.O., shaft available.

Clarences Impeller kit sweeps the impeller drum clear of snow and slush at every revolution of the impeller and allow for longer casting distances.

You can always buy a Puma 48, 54, 64, or 72 with its 22 inch diameter 7 inch deep impeller and and they all have the hydraulic chute rotation and spout control as standard equipment the impeller is 20 inches in diameter and six inches deep; the Puma 48 is 355 pounds compared to the P-540 being 550 pounds.

There are a lot of good blowers out there and some bad ones, but the issue is what you can afford; the smaller Pumas wieght less and of course cost less.

The build quality of the Puma 48 or the other Pumas is no different than any other piece of equipment that they build.

If you want to talk to someone call Ken Sweet as he is a forum sponsor or the Tudor and Jones folks on monday to get some more definite answers.

/ Snowblower dealers in MA? #10  
Just to throw out some pricing up here in VT - the 54" Meteor sells at $1895 and the 54" Frontier at $2100. On the Deere site, there's a silly game you can play to get a $100 coupon for any Frontier implement over $500. So, for the $100 difference, there's no question in my mind that the Frontier is far better, given the quality of the build, paint and the more substantial steel. Not to mention the better resale should you find yourself switching out tractors or implements someday - on craigslist throughout northern New England, used Frontiers are priced higher.

I can't answer your question on the PTO issue, as the deere site doesn't list minimum hp requirements - only that it's compatible with their 2305 (at 18hp, I think?). If I were to guess, a 48" would be the better fit PTO-wise for your tractor - although, I don't know what your rear tread width measures out at.