Kubota Corp visit follow up.

/ Kubota Corp visit follow up. #1  

Anonymous Poster

Remember I said I was new to this, so I don't know how to post this under the same subject. Anyway ...
My dealer called about 4p.m. Tuesday and said that a survey team from Kubota arrived in town and would like to talk to me about my BX22 on Wednesday, (Dec. 4th). I told him no that I had to work, but would be glad to meet them or talk to them that night. To help make a long story short, they said yes, and would like to come to the house and see the tractor.
The team arrived about 6pm. on Dec. 3rd. After all the intros,(I'm bad with names), we started talking. I made a quick list of items that I wanted to know, had a wish list, and told them about some of what I read on this forum.
How long can I write on this post? I'll try to shorten it up.
1. Told them about what you guy's have said about changing the 3 point turn buckles to the adjusters like the 2710. They wrote it down with intrest.
2. Explained about shifting between N and turtle or rabbit and having to lightly step on the hyd. pedal at times. They said normal and almost all hyds are that way.
3. Explained that my fel should have the hyd. psi equel to the total cap. of the bucket when curling and lifting at the same time. They agreed and will talk to dealer.
4. Asked why there are 2 hot wires and a ground behind the seat that come on from the ign. and are each sererate fuse. Didn't know and would get back with answer.
5. Who made the backhoe for them, bradco or woods? Neither, they make it all in Gainsville except the cylinders.
6. Would like to see position control, but not if it raised the price of the tractor 1000.00. They took note.
While there they checked all fluid levels and did the sniff test of the oils. Took many pixs. They liked my "Harley" decal on the hoe!! Time for a break, will type more later.

/ Kubota Corp visit follow up.
George,

What you do is just reply to your own message as many times as you want, and your posts will be tacked on to the same thread.

Bill in Pgh, PA

/ Kubota Corp visit follow up. #3  
Here is some more, R4 tire option, real draw bar like on the 2410, seat from the 2410, nicer steering wheel, rubber mat instead of what looks like plastic, longer three point arms for more lift, a bigger version called the BX24XX, even heavier mower deck, optional brush guards for the steering cylinders, tachometer (for all the whiney guys who need one), glass light lenses. Those are a few for starters. The fact they came out is testimony to the seriousness with which Kubota takes the compact/subcompact market. J

macher,
Thank's....I knew there had to be a way and one of you guy's would tell me!!

TresCrows....
I agree about the Tach, that's why I didn't bring it up. Havn't broke a light yet...did mention about longer lift arms when we talked about the woods blade mod. Got the 54" deck but seems to work for me. Don't understand about the mat?
I remember reading your post's long ago when you had both BX2200 & 2410 (maybe you still do) and thought you did a very good comparison (and still enjoy your post's) so I bought the 2200! Then they came out with the BX22. Had to have the hoe, used your tactics on the wife and traded for the BX22.!! I know she won't listen to you again for the 2410!! I would put a big smiley face here but don't know how yet!
Again you are right and I feel the same, it is great that they go around the country and do this. They had 2 more to go to in this area, then off to Pittsburg, Pa., then up to Philly and the North East. Wife got home ...gotta go, George

/ Kubota Corp visit follow up. #6  
That's pretty incredible. I did'nt know they did that..........
As far as the wires in the back, the one hot lead is for a warning light that is for overseas applications that will "alert you to potential problems with the HST" (the blue and white wire). There was a service bulletin out that if you plugged it in to the ground wire or if it had a male end and touched ground it would turn on the "warning light" on the dash. Tried it once, it works (it's fun to mess with the sales guys). The other hot lead is a "power outlet" mostly used for additional lights, the ground is for this purpose as well.

/ Kubota Corp visit follow up. #7  
kubmech
So, you service guys do like to "test" us sales guys! Their favorite trick here is to put just enough fuel in the tractors so we can get out of the shop but not quite to the diesel tank and have to run for fuel cans. Seriously, we have 3 engineers here today from KTC Japan to intereview our service department and get feedback for improvements.
Lewis

/ Kubota Corp visit follow up. #8  
I wish my dealer and John Deere were this accomodating,I could start a new thread on my experience with my John Deere 4400,as a matter of fact I might just do that.I am starting to think orange....

/ Kubota Corp visit follow up. #9  
sure wish they would come here, i think the M8200 owner could give em a ear full....course thats a little bigger than a compact tractor.
heehaw

/ Kubota Corp visit follow up. #10  
I also received a call from Kubota saying they were in my area and wanted to interview me and inspect my BX22 (I'm in western Mass). Unfortunately, I was not home when they called and missed the opportunity. I sure wish they would give a little more notice...I might have taken the afternoon off from work if I knew ahead of time.