Snow Snowblower Chute Elevation - How to Route Hydraulic Lines?

/ Snowblower Chute Elevation - How to Route Hydraulic Lines? #1  

bitseeker

Silver Member
Tractor
GL5240
I modified the attachment points for the manual strut that came with the Kubota snowblower to add in-the-cab chute elevation control. The cylinder is a Northern Tool 6" x 2" Operation times with Kubota's electric valve are reasonable. There is enough time to set the elevation where it's needed.

In my opinion, the Kubota-supplied hydraulic rotator is too fast, and hard to get the correct angle or to change slowly as you go. If anyone has added restrictors to the rotation, what diameter were the orifices?

I will change the 3/8 hydraulic lines shown to 1/4" when I figure the final routing and length needed. I had these two 10' lines and snow is due day-after-tomorrow, so the setup shown will probably work for that.

I think several changes would make the hydraulic line routing better:
- 90-degree or 45-degree Ls at the cylinder to lift the lines and bring the loops closer to the cylinder.
- Shorter lines.
- Brackets and hold-downs better than the nylon cord in the photos.

I'd like to see links to or photos of the routing done by others.

Do you think swivel joints that work under-pressure at the cylinder would be helpful?

I'd be grateful for any suggestions. Thanks.

Attachments

• 1-Routing-CCW-Side.jpg
    1-Routing-CCW-Side.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 272
  • 2-Routing-CCW-Above.jpg
    2-Routing-CCW-Above.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 273
  • 3-Routing-CW-Side.jpg
    3-Routing-CW-Side.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 216
  • 4-Routing-CW-Above.jpg
    4-Routing-CW-Above.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 182
  • 5-Mount-Upper.jpg
    5-Mount-Upper.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 161
  • 6-Mount-lower-side.jpg
    6-Mount-lower-side.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 156
  • 7-Mount-Lower-face.jpg
    7-Mount-Lower-face.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 213
   / Snowblower Chute Elevation - How to Route Hydraulic Lines? #2  
Please PM me with your E-mail so I can help you with this as I have to got to work.

All you need is 4 1/2-inch female-female 2 way needle valves

4 1/2- inch JIC to 1/2 inch male pipe adapters 90 degree fittings.
to attach the needle valves to the cylinders.

Enough 1/2 inch loom clamps to secure the hose properly as the chute HAS to have extra hose to allow it to sweep down and not KINK.

You need to install a simple hose standoff to allow the hoses to simply hang there to allow them to move slightly.

There is not much you can do short of installing the 4 needle valves.

Changing the hoses will only complicate matters and cost more money that the fix.

/ Snowblower Chute Elevation - How to Route Hydraulic Lines?
Please PM me with your E-mail so I can help you with this as I have to got to work.

All you need is 4 1/2-inch female-female 2 way needle valves
I should not have mixed problems. Elevation rate is OK as-is. The rotator motor is what I want to slow down. I want to use cheap orifice restrictors, not needle valves. No need to adjust.

4 1/2- inch JIC to 1/2 inch male pipe adapters 90 degree fittings.
to attach the needle valves to the cylinders.

Enough 1/2 inch loom clamps to secure the hose properly as the chute HAS to have extra hose to allow it to sweep down and not KINK.

You need to install a simple hose standoff to allow the hoses to simply hang there to allow them to move slightly.

There is not much you can do short of installing the 4 needle valves.

Changing the hoses will only complicate matters and cost more money that the fix.
I want the 1/4" line because it is much more flexible, has a smaller minumum bend radius, matches the existing rotator hoses, and will fit into the existing routing path along the side of the tractor. The 3/8" hose is too stiff.
Thanks Leonz.

Everyone learns and shares if communication is not via PM. See bold above.