Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Just installed WR Long 3rd function

I just finished installing my 3rd function kit from wr long last night on my B3300. I shopped around and found Iowa Farm Equip. to be the cheapest place to order from. It showed up in 2 days.
    I must say, I am very pleased with the overall function of the kit. It comes complete with everything you need, if you do not have a backhoe. Because I have a backhoe, I had to add in my hydraulic loop for that, but had to purchase one fitting. Very simple to do. The hardest part of the installation was taking off my loaded tire! lol
    For all of those contemplating which route to take in adding a 3rd function to control a grapple or front attachment, I believe this is the only way to go. This kit from WR Long is complete with specific hardware for your model. If you are mechanically inclined and understand how these things work, you can purchase this valve and make you own kit for less money.
    Next week I will be installing one on my nieghbors JD3320.
    Hope this helped some.

Tractor
    Kubota B3030HSDC

Default Re: Just installed WR Long 3rd function

Nice work............................. now post us some pictures or we won't believe you !

Here are a couple pics.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Just installed WR Long 3rd function-wr-long-kit-install-007.jpg   Just installed WR Long 3rd function-wr-long-kit-install-011.jpg   Just installed WR Long 3rd function-wr-long-kit-install-012.jpg  

Silver Member
    Tractor
    Kubota Grand L3540

Nice work! The more I read about these kits the more I want one...
    Kubota Grand L3540 HSTC-3
    LA 724 Loader/72" HD quick attach bucket
    Woods PRD7200 RFM
    Woods GB72 Box Blade
    Woods HBL96 Rear Blade
    Woods LR72 Landscape Rake

Tractor
    Kubota bx25

I like it ! Very nice kit and good work there.

later
    2011 model Kubota BX25 machine, Custom front hitch, 5000# Winch, Horn, Front tow hook, Thumb, FEL tooth bar, rear wheel spacers, DIY forks for the FEL, Rear skid plate, Homemade Ripper tooth, DUBBS technologies Light bar, Pats easy change system, Custom Toolbox on back of seat, Canopy, Country line Subsoiler, Homemade boompole, Kubota Arm rests, Fire Extinguisher bracket, Oil pressure Gauge, Temperature Gauge, Voltmeter, Home made PECS stabilizer bar and 4 foot United Box Grader.

Tractor
    Kubota B3030HSDC

Nice clean install.

Have you got a grapple already?

Bronze Member

Glad to hear you are happy with your valve kit. There is a flow diagram on our website that might be an additional help in the future.

http://www.wrlonginc.com/Hyd%20DO3B%...%20Diagram.pdf

Thanks,

Nelson

Tractor
    kubota L3400HST

Neslon - great reference diagram. Not to hijack this thread, but I have your valve installed on my L3400 to control my grapple and love it. I want to put rear remotes on the tractor, but hadn't figured it out yet. From your diagram it looks like I would simply run the T hose from your valve to the back of the tractor to the new remote valves, and then run from the remote valves back to where the T hose is currently attached (or to the tank filler port at the back of the tractor)... is this correct?
    L3400HST, L463 FEL, Markham toothbar, Markham Grapple, Woods BH80-X, 5 1/2' United box blade,6' Leinbach scrape blade, Pallet forks, 5' King Kutter RM, 56" First choice tiller, Leinbach rake

Bronze Member

The power beyond port is used to power other devices on your tractor like our 3rd function valve kit, a backhoe, remotes, 3 point hitch and so on. Each time you add one of these devices you introduce some pressure losses and temperature increases, however normally they are slight changes. If you chose to add another device to your system you would need to make sure that anything you added was after your loader valve and that it was inline. There are no Tee's in an open center system, everything is in series. You could disconnect the hose from the T port on my valve an connect it to the outlet of your remotes and make a new hose to connect from the T port on my valve to the inlet of your remote.

Nelson

Quote Originally Posted by westbrooklawn View Post
    Neslon - great reference diagram. Not to hijack this thread, but I have your valve installed on my L3400 to control my grapple and love it. I want to put rear remotes on the tractor, but hadn't figured it out yet. From your diagram it looks like I would simply run the T hose from your valve to the back of the tractor to the new remote valves, and then run from the remote valves back to where the T hose is currently attached (or to the tank filler port at the back of the tractor)... is this correct?

Tractor
    Kubota L4610 and John Deere 410

Just for the record, I ordered my 64" grapple and 3rd function valve from Nelson last week. I was very happy with his customer service. I can't wait to get the parts installed. Thanks for sharing your pics, I am really looking forward to playing with the grapple when the snow melts.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast