Just installed WR Long 3rd function

/ Just installed WR Long 3rd function #1  

B3300SU

I just finished installing my 3rd function kit from wr long last night on my B3300. I shopped around and found Iowa Farm Equip. to be the cheapest place to order from. It showed up in 2 days.
I must say, I am very pleased with the overall function of the kit. It comes complete with everything you need, if you do not have a backhoe. Because I have a backhoe, I had to add in my hydraulic loop for that, but had to purchase one fitting. Very simple to do. The hardest part of the installation was taking off my loaded tire! lol
For all of those contemplating which route to take in adding a 3rd function to control a grapple or front attachment, I believe this is the only way to go. This kit from WR Long is complete with specific hardware for your model. If you are mechanically inclined and understand how these things work, you can purchase this valve and make you own kit for less money.
Next week I will be installing one on my nieghbors JD3320.
Hope this helped some.

/ Just installed WR Long 3rd function #2  
Nice work............................. now post us some pictures or we won't believe you ! :D

/ Just installed WR Long 3rd function
Here are a couple pics.

Attachments

• WR Long kit install 007.jpg
    WR Long kit install 007.jpg
    323 KB · Views: 1,324
  • WR Long kit install 011.jpg
    WR Long kit install 011.jpg
    332.8 KB · Views: 1,597
  • WR Long kit install 012.jpg
    WR Long kit install 012.jpg
    254.3 KB · Views: 1,166
   / Just installed WR Long 3rd function #4  
Nice work! The more I read about these kits the more I want one...

/ Just installed WR Long 3rd function #5  
I like it ! Very nice kit and good work there.

later

/ Just installed WR Long 3rd function #6  
Nice clean install. :thumbsup:

Have you got a grapple already?

/ Just installed WR Long 3rd function #8  
Neslon - great reference diagram. Not to hijack this thread, but I have your valve installed on my L3400 to control my grapple and love it. I want to put rear remotes on the tractor, but hadn't figured it out yet. From your diagram it looks like I would simply run the T hose from your valve to the back of the tractor to the new remote valves, and then run from the remote valves back to where the T hose is currently attached (or to the tank filler port at the back of the tractor)... is this correct?

/ Just installed WR Long 3rd function #9  
The power beyond port is used to power other devices on your tractor like our 3rd function valve kit, a backhoe, remotes, 3 point hitch and so on. Each time you add one of these devices you introduce some pressure losses and temperature increases, however normally they are slight changes. If you chose to add another device to your system you would need to make sure that anything you added was after your loader valve and that it was inline. There are no Tee's in an open center system, everything is in series. You could disconnect the hose from the T port on my valve an connect it to the outlet of your remotes and make a new hose to connect from the T port on my valve to the inlet of your remote.

Nelson

Neslon - great reference diagram. Not to hijack this thread, but I have your valve installed on my L3400 to control my grapple and love it. I want to put rear remotes on the tractor, but hadn't figured it out yet. From your diagram it looks like I would simply run the T hose from your valve to the back of the tractor to the new remote valves, and then run from the remote valves back to where the T hose is currently attached (or to the tank filler port at the back of the tractor)... is this correct?

/ Just installed WR Long 3rd function #10  
Just for the record, I ordered my 64" grapple and 3rd function valve from Nelson last week. I was very happy with his customer service. I can't wait to get the parts installed. Thanks for sharing your pics, I am really looking forward to playing with the grapple when the snow melts.