Grease fitting sizes - L4200 & Woods backhoe

/ Grease fitting sizes - L4200 & Woods backhoe #1  

Jay4200

Veteran Member
Tractor
L4200GST w/ LA680 & BX2200D w/ LA211
I want to change out a bunch of grease fittings on my tractor, or at least have a stand-by stash. Greasable items are an L4200 tractor with LA680 loader, a Woods 9000 backhoe, and a Normand (Econor) 6' snowblower.

I hate to buy a fitting assortment, since most of the fittings are the same size and I'd likely be wasting most of them. When I first got the tractor, I removed several bad fittings and brought them to a hardware store to match. I'd like to order some bulk fittings on-line (hopefully this week), but have no idea what size or thread type the things use. Naturally, the parts manuals list everything but the grease fitting sizes.

I seem to remember the backhoe and loader being SAE, with the tractor fittings metric. The blower uses SAE hardware, so it probably has SAE fittings too, although the PTO shear pin is metric.

Can anyone help me out for any or all of these items?

Thanks - JayC

/ Grease fitting sizes - L4200 & Woods backhoe #2  
everything on the backhoe and the tractor should be SAE. All the parts except for the engine and transmission are made here.

You should look at www.McmasterCarr.com for grease fittings.

/ Grease fitting sizes - L4200 & Woods backhoe #3  
A while back somebody did have a loader where the grease fittings on the ends of the cylinders were metric though, so it depends on where the hydraulic cylinders are sourced from. Double check the threads before putting the fitting back in so you do not cross the threads.

David Kb7uns

/ Grease fitting sizes - L4200 & Woods backhoe #4  
A while back somebody did have a loader where the grease fittings on the ends of the cylinders were metric though, so it depends on where the hydraulic cylinders are sourced from. Double check the threads before putting the fitting back in so you do not cross the threads.

David Kb7uns

thats scary in itself.