L3800

/ L3800 #1  

xmoto

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota LA3410, Ford 3400, Gator XUV
I am going to my dealer tomorrow to put a deposit on a L3800 with a LA524 loader. Are you guys or gals that aready have one happy with them? Thanks

/ L3800 #2  
I am going to my dealer tomorrow to put a deposit on a L3800 with a LA524 loader. Are you guys or gals that aready have one happy with them? Thanks

I have the older model. The L3400. And I am very happy with it.

Their are some complaints about a jerky 3PH. I am not sure wheather that applies to the L3800 or not. But for what I do, I can live with it.

And unless they changed things, probabally the first thing you will find to do to modify your tractor is to add a toolbox for misc. Items like pins, lynch pins, a crescent wrench, etc. Because they (at least the 3400) has NO storage area at all.

But overall it is a great tractor for the money. I am very satisfied with the capabilities of mine:thumbsup:

Congrats on the future purchase.:thumbsup:

/ L3800 #3  
congrats on your up coming new tractor.

/ L3800 #4  

Very Pleased with my L3400, an older model to your tractor. Yes there is the jerky 3pt hitch thing. (with implement attached, if you operate the position control lever by attempting to move it UP slowly, it will be a series of jerky movements. If you move it to a position in one rapid movement of your hand, there will be just 1 jerk a the end of travel, you may move it down as slowly as you choose, and it will move smoothly.) This has not been a problem for me. There are differing reports, but generally there doesnt seem to be a fix for this. Some percieve this as a problem, others (like myself) do not think of it as much of a problem to our daily usage. However operation of a Boom Pole would be problematic. Otherwise the tractor is Great! lots of power, and so far very reliable. I have made only 1 major mod. to it. and that is to coat the floorboards with pickup truck bed liner coating. I highly recommend this, as it stops the unsightly wear of the paint on the floorboards, and also greatly increased traction, especially when your boots are covered in ice and snow.
I would be interested if when you get your tractor with implement attached if you would try to move the position control slowly UP, and report back if the implement travels up slowly and smoothly or if it is a series of jerky up movements. No-one to my knowledge has reported on this with the L3200/L3800 yet. Congrats on your new tractor, I think you will be very pleased with it.

James K0UA

/ L3800 #5  

I have the L3700SU, the previous model. It has a storage box, so I bet yours will have one too. Oh, great tractor.

/ L3800 #6  

Let us know the price and pictures when you got it.

Enjoy the toy

/ L3800
The price is 19100.00, tractor HST, Loader and tires filled. I called 4 dealers in my area and that was the best price I could get. I will post some pictures this weekend.

/ L3800 #8  
I've had my L3800 for about a month now and love it so far. I moved up from a BX22. Huge difference for me. It does come with a small, plastic toolbox located behind the seat. With the FEL on it, I noticed that you can only mount the tractor from the left since the FEL lever is on the right. With the new style FEL, you have a better view from the seat of the tractor. I don't have allot of seat time since the weather has been cold, but so far, it is a very strong tractor and I am very happy with it.

/ L3800 #9  
I have a new L-2800 that I purchased at the end of December 2010. It has a small metal toolbox mounted behind the seat. Not very big, but big enough for what I suppose would be the needed tools....adj. wrench, various pins, small hammer, gloves.

I also have the jerky hitch problem, which I am not pleased about. I guess it depends on for what reason you are using a tractor, for it to be an issue. I use mine exclusively for driveway and private roadway maintenance, so the incremental adjustment is constantly necessary, causing the blade or box scraper to jerk.

I had read of this issue before I purchased my Kubota, and discussed it with my dealer who did some research and found not a technical bulletin, but an informational bulletin from Kubota indicating that after a certain serial number all of the L-2800's would be outfitted with a different 3pt hitch valve which was supposed to eliminate the problem. That bulletin was dated about five years ago, and my tractor serial number was like 8000 past that change date, so I didn't give it another thought. Once I took delivery and bought a couple of implements I found out different. My dealer hooked a box scraper to a new L-2800 he had on the lot and it did the same thing. He told me they would research it more and see what they could do to fix the problem. I am trusting they will do that. At the time, we were having bad weather, snow, and he told me when things slowed down a bit, he would be back in touch to see what they could do to alleviate the issue. I've been busy too, so I haven't discussed it with them since then. If I had known there was still an issue, I would not have purchased this tractor. Other than that, I am very happy with my first tractor. I have about 8 hours on it so far.

Alex

/ L3800 #10  
IAnd unless they changed things, probabally the first thing you will find to do to modify your tractor is to add a toolbox for misc. Items like pins, lynch pins, a crescent wrench, etc. Because they (at least the 3400) has NO storage area at all.

Are you sure? My L4200 has a little storage compartment between the fenders behind the seat. It's pretty well disguised - I owned the tractor for 6 years before I discovered it was there.

JayC