Recently met the neighbor...

/ Recently met the neighbor... #1  

AHNC

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota BX 2660 & BX-23
across the road. He was down at the end of his driveway doing some work with a nice shinny B3030. I was on my nice sorta shinny 2660. I got off and crossed the road. He shut'er down and I began by telling him that I didn't think his playing one-upsmanship in the bigger tractor game was a good way to start being neighborly. I then told him that as long as he didn't play the bigger tractor card we can be friendly. I then introduced myself and we had a couple laughs. I think we can do ok!:thumbsup:

/ Recently met the neighbor... #2  
gotta love tractor people,no matter if you do get 1 uped.

/ Recently met the neighbor... #3  
Someone has to be the one-up!:)

/ Recently met the neighbor... #4  
I love it when my neighbors have nicer equipment than me - Means they won't be borrowing mine!!!:thumbsup:

/ Recently met the neighbor... #5  
NEIGHBOR JUST one uped me in the winter dept -3030 cabbed with front blower.Wouldnt trade though,ive got a front loader and hoe and no payment:laughing:If i break out a window ,in the woods with mine ,i can simply go to the hardware and buy a new sheet of lexan:)[unlikely to break one though] ok ok im trying to not be jealous:p
ALAN

/ Recently met the neighbor... #8  
So can we expect to read your next thread about how the dealer will be dropping of your new 9540 next week? :laughing: Maybe the two of you can share attachments.

/ Recently met the neighbor... #9  
I love it when my neighbors have nicer equipment than me - Means they won't be borrowing mine!!!:thumbsup:

Not true!!! A good friend of mine has a L3130 with front loader and backhoe and he cannot use his in his back yard around the pool to put in pavers. Too big. So, he borrows mine. Last time he dropped his off to me and I did his 300 hour maintenance for him. I also used his to grade our dirt road. It is quicker than my BX24.
It is all good!!:thumbsup:

daeno

/ Recently met the neighbor... #10  

I like that thinking :D I don't mind helping friends out but I have had to wean certain people off from asking me to use my equipment to help them. Some people like to abuse help while others appreciate it. My one neighbor can borrow any of my equipment anytime he wants and has access to our barns. He always returns everything in better shape then he took it. Its always washed and greased before it comes back from his property. I just wished all my neighbors were like him but the other neighbor isn't too bad but the ones across the road are another story :(