Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Gold Member
    Tractor
    Kubota BX 2660 & BX-23

Default Recently met the neighbor...

across the road. He was down at the end of his driveway doing some work with a nice shinny B3030. I was on my nice sorta shinny 2660. I got off and crossed the road. He shut'er down and I began by telling him that I didn't think his playing one-upsmanship in the bigger tractor game was a good way to start being neighborly. I then told him that as long as he didn't play the bigger tractor card we can be friendly. I then introduced myself and we had a couple laughs. I think we can do ok!

Elite Member
    Tractor
    7040 HDC 1153 fel

Default Re: Recently met the neighbor...

gotta love tractor people,no matter if you do get 1 uped.

Tractor
    Kubota BX24

Someone has to be the one-up!
    Deano
    2006 BX24, 6' New Implements rake, Woods RB60 rear blade, Wallenstein thumb, Bro-Tek rear skid plate, home made front skid plate, W.R. Long flat tooth bar, 4' finishing mower (TPH), 4' box blade, post hole digger, New style seat!!!!! Country Manufacturing manure spreader, Agri-Fab drop spreader.

Gold Member

I love it when my neighbors have nicer equipment than me - Means they won't be borrowing mine!!!

Tractor
    bx-23 ,

NEIGHBOR JUST one uped me in the winter dept -3030 cabbed with front blower.Wouldnt trade though,ive got a front loader and hoe and no paymentIf i break out a window ,in the woods with mine ,i can simply go to the hardware and buy a new sheet of lexan[unlikely to break one though] ok ok im trying to not be jealous
    ALAN
    KUBOTA BX-23,Block heater, AG TIRES[rears filled],MECHANICAL THUMB,SALSCO CHIPPER,WOODS LRC60 LANDSCAPE RAKE WITH GAUGE WHEELS,,HOMEMADE BUCKET FORKS,QUICK HITCH FOR 3 POINT HITCH,HOMEMADE FRONT BUCKET MOUNTED QUICK HITCH[for 3 point implements], FARM FORCE 6 FT 3 POINT BLADE,MARKHAM TOOTHBAR,HOMEMADE TRAILER HITCH FOR BACKHOE, HOMEMADE HEATED STEEL AND FIBERGLASS CAB,54 INCH PRONOVOST PUMA 3 POINT SNOW BLOWER,WITH HYDRAULIC CHUTE CONTROL,REAR TIRE CHAINS,UPGRADED 40 AMP ALTERNATOR,4-55W LIGHTS

Tractor
    Kubota BX25

Quote Originally Posted by bigbull338 View Post
    gotta love tractor people,no matter if you do get 1 uped.
    Yeah.
    Kyle - CompactTractorFan

Kubota BX25 w/R4's (23 hp, 17.7 PTO hp), Loader, Backhoe, 60" Mid Mount Mower, Cyclone Rake Z-10 Lawn Vacuum, CountyLine Carryall, Ferris 48" Walk-Behind Mower, Honda 21" Walk-Behind Mower, Mighty Mac 4" Chipper/Shredder,
    2000 Dodge Intrepid, 2012 Ford F-150 EcoBoost

Tractor
    Kubota BX25

Quote Originally Posted by funwithahoe View Post
    I love it when my neighbors have nicer equipment than me - Means they won't be borrowing mine!!!
    Very true...
    Kyle - CompactTractorFan

Kubota BX25 w/R4's (23 hp, 17.7 PTO hp), Loader, Backhoe, 60" Mid Mount Mower, Cyclone Rake Z-10 Lawn Vacuum, CountyLine Carryall, Ferris 48" Walk-Behind Mower, Honda 21" Walk-Behind Mower, Mighty Mac 4" Chipper/Shredder,
    2000 Dodge Intrepid, 2012 Ford F-150 EcoBoost

So can we expect to read your next thread about how the dealer will be dropping of your new 9540 next week? Maybe the two of you can share attachments.
    Kubota L4240,Case 580K backhoe, Case 450 Dozer

Tractor
    Kubota BX24

Not true!!! A good friend of mine has a L3130 with front loader and backhoe and he cannot use his in his back yard around the pool to put in pavers. Too big. So, he borrows mine. Last time he dropped his off to me and I did his 300 hour maintenance for him. I also used his to grade our dirt road. It is quicker than my BX24.
    It is all good!!

daeno
    Deano
    2006 BX24, 6' New Implements rake, Woods RB60 rear blade, Wallenstein thumb, Bro-Tek rear skid plate, home made front skid plate, W.R. Long flat tooth bar, 4' finishing mower (TPH), 4' box blade, post hole digger, New style seat!!!!! Country Manufacturing manure spreader, Agri-Fab drop spreader.

Tractor
    Case-IH Farmall 45A, Kubota M8540 Narrow, New Holland TN 65, Bobcat 331, Ford 1920, 1952 John Deere M, Allis Chalmers B, Bombardier Traxter XT, Massey Harris 81RC and a John Deere 3300 combine, Cub Cadet GT1554

I like that thinking I don't mind helping friends out but I have had to wean certain people off from asking me to use my equipment to help them. Some people like to abuse help while others appreciate it. My one neighbor can borrow any of my equipment anytime he wants and has access to our barns. He always returns everything in better shape then he took it. Its always washed and greased before it comes back from his property. I just wished all my neighbors were like him but the other neighbor isn't too bad but the ones across the road are another story

God must love stupid people; He made so many

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast