Dropped diesel nozzle in gas tank

/ Dropped diesel nozzle in gas tank #1  

crudolph

So here I am filling up my tractor with a 5 gallon diesel can and as I pulled the nozzle out of the can it slipped off and dropped into the bloomin' tank!

I'm looking for ideas on getting it out. It's plastic but doesn't seem to float completely at the top.

Thanks,
Chris.

/ Dropped diesel nozzle in gas tank #2  
My daughter did this with one of our atv's . For a couple of bucks you can buy a spring loaded reteival tool . (plastic , push button , has three fingers that protrude out when you push button :thumbsup:

/ Dropped diesel nozzle in gas tank
Thanks - I was just purchasing the exact one when your reply came in :)

Cheers,
Chris.

/ Dropped diesel nozzle in gas tank #5  
Happens all the time. Do a search of TBN. You'd be amazed.

/ Dropped diesel nozzle in gas tank #6  
My daughter did this with one of our atv's . For a couple of bucks you can buy a spring loaded reteival tool . (plastic , push button , has three fingers that protrude out when you push button :thumbsup:

oh yeah... sure... blame it on your DAUGHTER... hahaha... just kidding!!!. :D

/ Dropped diesel nozzle in gas tank #7  
Be careful what you stick into your fuel tank. Many years ago, I had a problem with rust/sediment in the gas tank of my JD 1010 that would block fuel to the carb. I got the bright idea of reaching down into the tank with a magnet on a flex handle to pick up the rust, The gas tank evidently has a baffle and the magnet somehow got tangled with the baffle or maybe the fuel guage float. After several days of fooling with the thing, I finally cut the flex handle as short as I could and the D*** thing is still in the tank. I then placed a strong magnet on the bottom exterior of the gas tank and that seemed to solve the problem. Good luck.

/ Dropped diesel nozzle in gas tank #8  
Be sure not to use a lighter to help you see. :D

/ Dropped diesel nozzle in gas tank #9  
at least I am not the only one on the planet that this kind of thing happens to

Good luck, let us know what worked so I can be prepared for when I do it