Carry -All Phase one

/ Carry -All Phase one #1  

AFChief

Well, part one of my carry all is complete. CA from TSC. It had some paint chips and scratches so first order was to address this.

Figured since i was going to have to put paint down, i would do the whole thing. cleaned up the surface rust and scuffed up the yellow paint with 60 grit.

Next i spray bombed it with "Kbota Orange" from TSC. Several coats between the rain showers.

Then planked it with treated 2x8 and 2x6's. Was able to mix and match size to ensure coverage and spacing with the pre drilled holes. One except was the bottom plank of the upright section. It was ripped to 4 inches width. Attached with 1/2 in x 2 1/2 inch carriage bolts from the local ACE. I used a flat washer and a lock washer under the nuts.

I originally cut the planks at 5 ft, but it looked to wide for me. I plan on using this in the woods on the paths and as a counterweight for FFL work and didn't want it to be too large swinging around. I settled on 48 inches.

Plan on adding PVC to the back to hold tools and eye bolts for tie downs. I will also add sides eventually.

DSC_0185.jpg

DSC_0187.jpg

DSC_0193.jpg

DSC_0194.jpg

DSC_0246.jpg

DSC_0245.jpg

/ Carry -All Phase one #3  
Really???? A few paint chips and some scratches forced a complete paint job? I think it might have been that it came in the wrong color......Tee! Hee! Hee! I will probably have the same problem when I can finally get one for my self. Paint it when you get it cuz you will never want to stop using it to take it apart for paint later! Looks good, you will get alot of use out of that.

/ Carry -All Phase one #4  
If you don't already have a hydraulic top link...you should consider one...it will make a Carry_All a much more versatile implement...

/ Carry -All Phase one
If you don't already have a hydraulic top link...you should consider one...it will make a Carry_All a much more versatile implement...

I'm listening. Anyone put one on their BX?

Last edited:
   / Carry -All Phase one #6  
I'm listening too! I just planked out a TSC CA a month or so ago and have it on my BX24. I was OK with the yellow paint because you can't see my tractor from the road. :D Chris