BX HST Fan upgrade kit

/ BX HST Fan upgrade kit #1  
Tractor
Kubota BX24 TLB
I ran across a thread that talked about a BX HST Fan upgrade kit. My eyes raised and read about an upgrade protection kit available to protect that little gem.

I guess Kubota has had a few issues with a stick or somethig killing the little $12.00 part that equals to about $500.00-$600.00 labor bill to replace it the right way

So this morning I called 3 Kubota dealers and guess what? 2 of the 3 didn't know anything about it the 1 who did took 15 minutes to find a part number then another 10 minutes to locate it The 2 that didn't know about it after my education, they were able to get info after a couple of call backs they were able to find the part. Why don't all dealers know about this?

This cost for the kit is about $35.00. I am sure it didn't cost Kubota anywhere near that ( I could be wrong ). Now this is just me thinking with the amount we have spent to buy our toys (Oops mechines) that Kubota could provide them to us as a recall type of thing considering they are a needed item to protect fan and now part of the new BX tractors.

Now please don't get me wrong I LOVE MY KUBOTA and would buy another one if the situation ever presents itself again.

/ BX HST Fan upgrade kit #2  
Kubota Oz don't even have 'em in the country . Waited 10 weeks
for mine to show up via the Melbourne shipping container . Then
before leaving the Dealer , I thought I'd open its box ; no bolts/nuts
included !

Attachments

• IMG_0595.jpg
    IMG_0595.jpg
    437.1 KB · Views: 1,347
   / BX HST Fan upgrade kit #3  
I'm certainly missing something in these posts. Like a description of what is in this kit, a part number and a picture of the kit.:confused:

/ BX HST Fan upgrade kit #5  
http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/...ta-has-upgraded-hydrostatic-transmission.html

We discussed an upgrade Kubota made to the "protection" cover last year.

Is this what you are referring to? The protection plate pictured?
The photo in OrangeRidge post shows the older style plate.
In the thread above, you'll find the actual Kubota part number.
Calling it an "HST fan upgrade kit" is confusing. Only the shield was slightly upgraded.

Guys are still putting sticks through their fans, regardless.

/ BX HST Fan upgrade kit #6  
I can't see where that is doing much good at all. I don't think I would waste my time and p--- $35 away. A full coverage plate is about $50 if you can make one and they are real easy to make. Also easy to take off and on.

/ BX HST Fan upgrade kit #7  
I've added the Kubota part to mine. Its not the best, but I'm sure it helps. Its also not really in the way when hooking up the mower deck or changing the HST filter.

/ BX HST Fan upgrade kit #9  
Second gen protection better than first...but, I'd still put my money toward full underside protection...there's also the hydro filter...probably just me, but I prefer to "bombproof" underside of mine.

Ultimately it depends on how each of us uses our BX...but it seems that most who have lost fans weren't working in "hostile" conditions...more like random stick or brush ate fan...

/ BX HST Fan upgrade kit
http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/...ta-has-upgraded-hydrostatic-transmission.html

We discussed an upgrade Kubota made to the "protection" cover last year.

Is this what you are referring to? The protection plate pictured?
The photo in OrangeRidge post shows the older style plate.
In the thread above, you'll find the actual Kubota part number.
Calling it an "HST fan upgrade kit" is confusing. Only the shield was slightly upgraded.

Guys are still putting sticks through their fans, regardless.

I'm sorry folks :( Yes this was what I was refering to.