Just ordered a new BX25, any suggestions?

/ Just ordered a new BX25, any suggestions? #1  

CORamos

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota BX25
After "daydreaming" about it for a couple of years, and seriously considering it while I was in Afghanistan most of last year, I finally pulled the trigger on a new BX25. Should be delivered sometime next week. :D:D:D

I'll get it with the 3PH, 54" MMM, grass catcher, and loaded tires.

-I've been reading up on the forums for a while, and I'll be picking up a set of Bro-Tek skid plates. I don't really think I need them on my property, but I don't want to take a chance.

-I'll probably pick up the Bro-tek thumb and ripper also. I have several trees I want to remove, and may eventually end up clearing a half acre of woods, give or take.

-I'm still trying to decide on a snow removal implement. I only have about 80ft of driveway, so the snow blower seems a bit pricey, but a plow seems to fit the bill. I saved a couple of threads I found on this subject, but I've basically narrowed it down to either the Kubota manual blade, or the BXpanded plow. Is the Kubota blade something I could use for grading/pushing dirt around, or is there a better implement for that?:newhere:

-I have need for a 3PH post hole digger, but after searching the forums, that may not work for me with all the rocks I have to deal with.

-I'll also probably get the BXpanded backhoe dolly. (Actually, I'd like to buy one of pretty much everything BXpanded has.... but I need to save some $$$ to spend on projects. After giving me the OK to get the BX25, she's going to watch me like a hawk to make sure I don't buy anything else for a while. :laughing:)

These forums have been a wealth of information. I've added several topics to my "favorites". Any suggestions on what other implements/attachments I might find useful? Here's a list of what I plan on doing over the next few years:

- Plant several flowering/fruit/nut trees
- Build an outdoor kitchen/patio
- Build (dig?) a Koi pond/water garden
- Expand the lawn (I had about a half acre cleared and graded but it still needs to be finished; one of the reasons I started looking at tractors)
- Build a shed/garage for the tractor. My car will have to stay outside until I can get this done....:(

Too bad there's so much snow on the ground... I guess I'll have to wait a bit to play with the new toy!:D

/ Just ordered a new BX25, any suggestions? #2  
After "daydreaming" about it for a couple of years, and seriously considering it while I was in Afghanistan most of last year, I finally pulled the trigger on a new BX25. Should be delivered sometime next week. :D:D:D

I'll get it with the 3PH, 54" MMM, grass catcher, and loaded tires.

-I've been reading up on the forums for a while, and I'll be picking up a set of Bro-Tek skid plates. I don't really think I need them on my property, but I don't want to take a chance.

Good call on the plates, even though you don't think you need them. I lost the _radiator_ fan and part of the wiring harness on my BX24 just mowing tall grass with a bush hog.

That soft underbelly is vulnerable any time the MMM is off (and maybe with it on - I don't have one).

Z.

/ Just ordered a new BX25, any suggestions? #3  
your off to a good start. loaded tires are a must. i've got the hyd plow and i like it very much but i think maybe a rear blower is in my future... the fel is nice to have when your moving snow. bxpanded products are very nice and i've got the worklights,bh dolly, and forks. don't go too crazy at once on implements.... seems as though you've got plenty .
steve
bx25

/ Just ordered a new BX25, any suggestions? #4  
congrats! you are gonna love the BX! I'd spend money on the garage for BX first before getting things like thumb, etc. You may find that you want to take the BH and FEL off when mowing and its gonna feel weird to leave it outside. Having a garage for BX will make it better . Plus it will give you a excuse how useful it is to build garage with BX :thumbsup:

/ Just ordered a new BX25, any suggestions? #5  
congrats on your new tractor.

/ Just ordered a new BX25, any suggestions?
congrats! you are gonna love the BX! I'd spend money on the garage for BX first before getting things like thumb, etc. You may find that you want to take the BH and FEL off when mowing and its gonna feel weird to leave it outside. Having a garage for BX will make it better . Plus it will give you a excuse how useful it is to build garage with BX :thumbsup:

Radioman, looking at my post, I guess I didn't express it correctly... I have a two-car garage. My car will stay outside to make room for the BX. (The other side is my wife's.... untouchable...:laughing:). Maybe in a few years I'll be able to afford another two-car garage for the toys.

/ Just ordered a new BX25, any suggestions? #7  
"After "daydreaming" about it for a couple of years, and seriously considering it while I was in Afghanistan most of last year, I finally pulled the trigger on a new BX25. "

Sounds like you were n the military. Thank you for your service.

Enjoy the BX25. I have the BX24. I use Harbor Freight car dollies for the backhoe - a little less money than the sweet BXpanded ones. You can hook them up at the right distance if you want. I have a wish list too for some of their stuff.

/ Just ordered a new BX25, any suggestions? #8  
Enjoy the BX25. I have the BX24. I use Harbor Freight car dollies for the backhoe - a little less money than the sweet BXpanded ones. You can hook them up at the right distance if you want. I have a wish list too for some of their stuff.

Do you have a picture of that? I tried that, but it did not work out to well...:(

/ Just ordered a new BX25, any suggestions? #9  
Congrats on your new orange toy!!! :thumbsup: I would probably just use the FEL (loader) for the snow.

/ Just ordered a new BX25, any suggestions? #10  
For building the pond, I'd recommend a sub-soiler to rip and then a toothbar to help scoop with the FEL.

Another possibility is a box blade to move the soil and shape it if you are going to use the excavant close to the hole.

Have fun!

Last edited: